Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allergy to PetAG Esibilac?!

Default Re: Allergy to PetAG Esibilac?!

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Thanks for the update. Sounds good. Definitely continue hydration for ms blink. Feeding amounts sound great. Would not hurt Kit the foxer, to have 2 hydration times today. The penis issue is serious. Sucking can make hamburger out of his bits. We use a product called Yuk! To dissuade that behavior. It goes around the penis not on it. Maybe bitter apple would also work. I would separate them until you can get some protection for him. You are right, sometimes they suck themselves, too.

What kind of container do you have them in? They are way too young to be allowed out of the container. We have had serious injuries reported on the board from babies getting or falling out of their bin. Do they have plenty of fleece or T-shirt material to snuggle under?

Once they get up to par with fluid and feeding, hopefully it will be smoother sailing. It is always good to have some antibiotics on hand in case they aspirate the formula. Baytril is the best for apiiration pneumonia (AP) which is an animal antibiotic but cipro is the human equiveant. Clavamox is also good, plus a few others. Let me know what you have on hand. Once they are moving to feeling better, as is the foxer, you can see what voracious appetites they have. Any change in that appetite, start looking for something wrong.
    I had a little boy that would self-suckle... it can get so bad the tip of the penis scabs over and they can't pee. To avoid this, I made a 'diaper snuggie' type thing by cutting the toe off a baby sock and put it around just his abdomen and tucked his penis up inside it in between feedings/when he wasn't being stimulated to pee. Worked really well until he got more mobile and could slink his way out of it. Also needed to be careful to only use it when he was at a stage where he wouldn't try to chew the sock. Just something to consider. Good luck with these two!

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RiverSong:

redwuff (08-19-2016), UDoWhat (08-20-2016)

Little girl was back down to 30g even after the full strength formula and 3 hydration feedings for the last three days 😔. Her appetite is good, shes active and getting more hair every day. Im worriwd as to why shes losing weight though. Bigger boy is doing great 58g this morning.

How 0many times are you feeding

I have them on the same schedule. So I do something like this feedings at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm. Hydration are .33cc unflavored pedialyte at 9am, 1pm, 9pm.
    Foxer boy is getting 2.9ml formula, while blinkie is getting 1.6ml formula. I actually gave her 2ml this morning as I was concerned with her continuous weight loss. (Was 32g, yesterday 31g and this morning 30g).
    Both are peeing at every feeding, pooping about every other feeding (I am seeing some poops in their nest though when I am cleaning up).
    Foxer boys penis is looking much better, after soaking it the scab easily came off and the swelling has also been slowly going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    You have been getting excellent help in your thread, I just want to review a couple things.

Have you separated them? I think this is extremely important to allow the boy to heal and until they are gaining weight daily and knowing they are getting enough. And the boy is healed, then you can put them together again but watch them closely for occurrence. This can be fatal!

I am having trouble following what their schedule are exactly? How often they are being fed and how much, how often they are getting hydration (and how much). Maybe I am the only one that cannot sort it out?

If you could tell us for each one (separately), what, when and how much it may prove valuable... and how are the little bumps looking?

our hands are tied because we do not have information from you to use to help you. You have a fragile baby that is losing and not gaining wt, yet so far you have not given us what we need to help you even tho it has been asked for repeatedly in posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    You have been getting excellent help in your thread, I just want to review a couple things.

Have you separated them? I think this is extremely important to allow the boy to heal and until they are gaining weight daily and knowing they are getting enough. And the boy is healed, then you can put them together again but watch them closely for occurrence. This can be fatal!

I am having trouble following what their schedule are exactly? How often they are being fed and how much, how often they are getting hydration (and how much). Maybe I am the only one that cannot sort it out?

If you could tell us for each one (separately), what, when and how much it may prove valuable... and how are the little bumps looking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmoni View Post
    I have them on the same schedule. So I do something like this feedings at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm. Hydration are .33cc unflavored pedialyte at 9am, 1pm, 9pm.
    Foxer boy is getting 2.9ml formula, while blinkie is getting 1.6ml formula. I actually gave her 2ml this morning as I was concerned with her continuous weight loss. (Was 32g, yesterday 31g and this morning 30g).
    Both are peeing at every feeding, pooping about every other feeding (I am seeing some poops in their nest though when I am cleaning up).
    Foxer boys penis is looking much better, after soaking it the scab easily came off and the swelling has also been slowly going down.
    Thank you for that information. Is the mix of esbilac 2 parts water 1 part powder?

our hands are tied because we do not have information from you to use to help you. You have a fragile baby that is losing and not gaining wt, yet so far you have not given us what we need to help you even tho it has been asked for repeatedly in posts.

I have given the information asked of me, each time. If you don't want to be friendly/kind, there are others on this board who can help, thanks!

Thank you for that information. Is the mix of esbilac 2 parts water 1 part powder?

Yes.

What are her stools like? Any diarhea? Is she keeping her hydration and is she still unable to thermoregulate when she is being fed?

Is she hungry when she eats? Stay at 2ccs and pick up some heavy creme at the store today. Let me know when you have gotten it.

No diarrhea. Mustardy-yellow. I am working right now, so rhey are here with me (I work in an animal hospital) and will pick some up when I leave here!

Super.

Harmoni,

Is ms blink still dehydrated? Switch from pedialyte to just water with a touch of honey for hydration fluid if she still is dehydrated. She should have become fully hydrated by now. Please don't think I'm saying you are doing something wrong. Ms blink came in very compromised. What was she like when she came in? Was she cold, emaciated..

Your schedule sounds great.

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

UDoWhat (08-20-2016)

What is the status on the white bumps? Have they changed in any way or gone away?

17. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Milo's Mom (08-21-2016), Mommaluvy (08-21-2016)

My little girl is still looking a little dehydrated, it may just be because I can see all her wrinkles due to her not having much hair still. Still very thin but since I've been giving 2ml per feeding she is back up to 32g. White bumps are the same, no change in color, size, and no more have appeared. Originally she was found in the grass outside with her siblings, all were dead except her. A few hours later someone brought in my foxer boy, clearly older and not as compromised health-wise. I'm not 100% sure what his situation was whether he was just found or if someone had been caring for him until they realized it was a lot of work.

Ant bite bumps can appear later, I have heard up to two weeks later, so it still can ba a possibility that it was that. Most likely if it were staph it would have spread, so bumps are still a mystery.

Glade to hear that she gained! Good sign.
    Add a small amt of creme to formula, but do it in a measured way. We want to see if she will tolerate it. I take 2 tablespoons of mixed formula and add 2 ccs of creme. The sign that it does not agree with her is diarrhea. At all costs we want to prevent diarrhea happening. I would not increase formula again yet. There is plenty of time for that. Try and stay around 5-6% of body wt for now.

Too many changes and if there is diarrhea, won't know where it came from. Slow and steady wins the race with these compromised babies. I also would like to help her gain wt by increasing calories. Esbilac does not have quite enough fat in it compared to moms milk. Let your big foxer boy use this formula as well. Each time you make another two tablespoons of formula increase the creme by 1 cc till you get to 7 ccs of creme as long as there is no diarrhea.

drop hydration to two times a day and just use water with a touch of honey for flavor, increase it back to three if she looks more dehydrated.

Would be useful if you could post a picture of her with her whole body showing. Actually would love to see the pretty foxer boy too. Have you named them yet?

sounds like you are doing a good job!

Trysh

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to UDoWhat from:

Milo's Mom (08-21-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoni View Post
    My little girl is still looking a little dehydrated, it may just be because I can see all her wrinkles due to her not having much hair still. Still very thin but since I've been giving 2ml per feeding she is back up to 32g. White bumps are the same, no change in color, size, and no more have appeared. Originally she was found in the grass outside with her siblings, all were dead except her. A few hours later someone brought in my foxer boy, clearly older and not as compromised health-wise. I'm not 100% sure what his situation was whether he was just found or if someone had been caring for him until they realized it was a lot of work.
    Pictures of the wrinkles and picture of the bumps would help! Besides, we love pictures!

Dehydration: Does the skin tent on her neck when you do the pinch test?

Bumps: Sounds like they are not getting any worse, which is good. If they are ant bites, and from the way she was found... on the ground with siblings, good chances they are ant bites. I believe it was previously mentioned they often do not welt up from the bites for a day or two.

How's the boy's penis? Did you end up separating temporarily?

Also, those bumps look a little dry. Are they in a cardboard box by chance? If they are, the cardboard absorbs moisture and can dry them out (and contribute to actual dehydration), A plastic bin is better but it will needs lots of air holes, eventually when they begin to explore. Placing a small glass with a damp sponge in the bin can add some extra moisture if that might be an issue.

You may need an ABx to treat the white bumps . How are they?
    My staph squirrels had trouble gaining
    Stephanie Carlson

St. Melangell Small Mammal Sanctuary
    ODNR Permitted Cat 2 Rehabilatator
    https://www.facebook.com/StMelangellSmallMammal/

Quote Originally Posted by Mommaluvy View Post
    You may need an ABx to treat the white bumps . How are they?
    My staph squirrels had trouble gaining

You know I have been wondering if there is some underlying infection. Do you think it is staph?

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to UDoWhat from:

Mommaluvy (08-22-2016)

They are in a plastic bin with a heating pad underneath. A towel lining the bottom of the bin and on their nesting half, some snuggly towels with a hamster or gerbil fake tree surrounding it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast