Thread: URGENT NEED HELP FAST PEEWEE NEEDS YOUR HELP / POSSIBLE PNEUMONIA

Peewee Guest

Exclamation URGENT NEED HELP FAST PEEWEE NEEDS YOUR HELP / POSSIBLE PNEUMONIA

Hi my name is Tristan I'm new to the forums and new mother to a 10 day old male squirrel. Him his 2 siblings and mother fell from a tree on the 31st of last month. The mother took one of the babies and left him and his brother inside of the best and never came back for them. Well we kept peewee and his friend took the brother. We started out on goat milk the first 2 days and found that we were not suppose to be givin him goat milk and quickly changed to esbilac puppy milk with heavy whipping cream. He was doing great fully hydrated up until yesterday. I saw that he was looking dehydrated and quickly made him an at home mix of 2 cups water 1 1/2 tsp of sugar. He drank a little but was a little resistant. This morning when we woke I saw that he had a lot is stool in his bedding and looked even more dehydrated and is now have a small ticking noise when he's breathing. I called around and was told he is developing pneumonia and that he needs antibiotics .......I currently reside in Los Angeles ca and is in desperate need of where I can take him or where to get him antibiotics without him being taken away from us....we got news that his brother did not make it and are very scared for our little prince please please please help us. We have amoxicillin but not sure if it is healthy for him to have. We are desperate any and all help is much appreciated

Default Re: URGENT NEED HELP FAST PEEWEE NEEDS YOUR HELP / POSSIBLE PNEUMONIA

Quote Originally Posted by Peewee View Post
    Hi my name is Tristan I'm new to the forums and new mother to a 10 day old male squirrel. Him his 2 siblings and mother fell from a tree on the 31st of last month. The mother took one of the babies and left him and his brother inside of the best and never came back for them. Well we kept peewee and his friend took the brother. We started out on goat milk the first 2 days and found that we were not suppose to be givin him goat milk and quickly changed to esbilac puppy milk with heavy whipping cream. He was doing great fully hydrated up until yesterday. I saw that he was looking dehydrated and quickly made him an at home mix of 2 cups water 1 1/2 tsp of sugar. He drank a little but was a little resistant. This morning when we woke I saw that he had a lot is stool in his bedding and looked even more dehydrated and is now have a small ticking noise when he's breathing. I called around and was told he is developing pneumonia and that he needs antibiotics .......I currently reside in Los Angeles ca and is in desperate need of where I can take him or where to get him antibiotics without him being taken away from us....we got news that his brother did not make it and are very scared for our little prince please please please help us. We have amoxicillin but not sure if it is healthy for him to have. We are desperate any and all help is much appreciated

Has he aspirated at all while feeding?
    What size syringe are you using for him?
    You need a 1 cc syringe and nothing larger.
    Are you using a nipple on the syringe?

OK you need to get Cipro (human form) OR Baytril (for animal) OR Clavamox. (All are antibiotics)
    Call around to anyone you know.
    What is the mg of the amoxicillin that you have and how much does he weigh?
    Keep (SLOWLY) hydrating him, that's imperative.

I have to go off board for a while.
    Hopefully someone will be on to help you.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Peewee Guest

Yes he has aspirated while eating before which could be the reason.....we feed him 1cc with bottle and nipple for small pets......we have yet to find a place with syringes for him we don't know his weight but we can find out and the amoxicillin a friend is giving me some that her baby was using so I'm sure it's like 250mg

Could you call her and find out for sure? The only way to accurately dose this is to know the mg of the antibiotic. Is it a pill or liquid? We can dose either.
    If you don't know the weight can you post a pic so that we can estimate the weight.

Please respond ASAP, time is of the essence here. They crash fast with aspiration pneumonia.

The bottle won't work for baby squirrels. Bottle are too fast. Formula pours into the lungs. You need to go to a pharmacy and ask for a 1cc syringe (without needle). They will usually give you one. Tell them it's for an orphan baby animal. Don't tell them it's a squirrel. Possessing a squirrel is illegal in most states.

Akkkkkkkkkkkk she's gone off line!
    She has my email address, I sure hope she comes back soon.

I have a Clavamox tab still. I may not be all that far away if they can meet me halfway.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to synisterkat from:

Nancy in New York (08-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by synisterkat View Post
    I have a Clavamox tab still. I may not be all that far away if they can meet me halfway.
    WOW, thank you SO much!
    Hopefully she will come back on soon.
    I'll send her an email.
    Thank YOU!

Edit
    Email sent.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

PennyCash (08-11-2016)

Peewee Guest

Yes please text me 9512174286

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Peewee from:

PennyCash (08-11-2016)

Name:  IMG_5863.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  721.2 KB

This is Tristan's little guy. A fox squirrel. I will send her fox Valley, clavamox, probiotics, syringes tomorrow.

15. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to synisterkat:

PennyCash (08-11-2016), TubeDriver (08-11-2016)

This is Tristan's little guy. A fox squirrel. I will send her fox Valley, clavamox, probiotics, syringes tomorrow.
    Will you be meeting up?
    If Ap I seriously doubt this little has much time.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

PennyCash (08-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Will you be meeting up?
    If Ap I seriously doubt this little has much time.
    She has clindamyacin on hand. Sending clavamox as a back up.

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to synisterkat:

PennyCash (08-11-2016), stepnstone (08-11-2016)

Name:  IMG_8996.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  615.7 KB

He's still got some spunk! Wants to eat. Go peewee!!!!

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to synisterkat from:

PennyCash (08-11-2016)

Peewee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Could you call her and find out for sure? The only way to accurately dose this is to know the mg of the antibiotic. Is it a pill or liquid? We can dose either.
    If you don't know the weight can you post a pic so that we can estimate the weight.

Please respond ASAP, time is of the essence here. They crash fast with aspiration pneumonia.

The bottle won't work for baby squirrels. Bottle are too fast. Formula pours into the lungs. You need to go to a pharmacy and ask for a 1cc syringe (without needle). They will usually give you one. Tell them it's for an orphan baby animal. Don't tell them it's a squirrel. Possessing a squirrel is illegal in most states.

My clindamycin is 300 mg.......peewee weighs 1 1/8 oz so about 31.89 grams

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Peewee from:

PennyCash (08-11-2016)

I would use the Clavamox. The Clindamycin is too narrow. It might miss the target.
    Hungry is good.

25. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

PennyCash (08-11-2016), TubeDriver (08-11-2016)

Peewee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    I would use the Clavamox. The Clindamycin is too narrow. It might miss the target.
    Hungry is good.
    Ok it's all I have until my shipment comes in

I got this this morning from Peewee.
    We had terrible storms last night, and I've been trying
    to answer and keep getting bumped off.
    Can someone help?
    Clindamycin is not the drug of choice. I don't even know if it would
    "help" for pneumonia.
    I don't know why this little one is skin and bones unless they are underfeeding.
    Keep hydrating between feedings, and look at the baby guide I posted earlier.
    It's 6 pages.
    http://www.henryspets.com/baby-squirrel-care/

Quote Originally Posted by Peewee

He's 1 1/8 oz so about 31.89 grams the clindamycin I have is 300 mg how do I prepare it for him until I'm

Nancy I really need your help peewee has gotten worse to the point I can see all his little bones threw his skin and his stool is coming out really dark.....Kristi sent me a package but I believe someone has stolen it at usps and have to wait till Monday for it to be delivered.....I only have clyndamycin is there no way possible for him to have that ?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.