Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi I'm new here

Default Re: Hi I'm new here

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmom View Post
    He doesn't get to spend much time with her due to his schedule and my daughter feeds her seeds through the bars and her friends come over and she gets attention from them too. TBH all she wants from her and her friends is seeds.
    She only wants to shell them and stuff her pouches she doesn't eat too many but I still clean her stash time to time.
    She is lighting fast in her movements when she wants to be, just like they are in the wild. Unlike squirrels chipmunks don't really like to be held but you can get them used to it, or if you have them imported from China, they have been bottle fed and pulled from mom they are much better at being held.
    I am getting her acclimated to being picked up. It's a chipmunk thing.
    She isn't anywhere as destructive as my grey squirrel was. He chewed for any reason at all. If he was happy he'd chew, upset, he'd chew, bored, he'd chew, chewing and destroying things it seemed was his idea of fun.
    He was my first introduction to the world of squirrel ownership, though I didn't really own him he was released back to the wild, but I do own my memories of him.

Attachment 275519

If this picture came through it is Dash and he was very good with my daughter, he had to have a toy from her if she came in the room, he would flirt with her to inch his way closer and closer then quick steal a toy, to Chew of course!
    He attacked my husband though, and that was very sad, but he couldn't be swayed into accepting him after he hit adolescents it's like the mind was sealed.
    I couldn't introduce him to new people, he wasn't having of that. So it was with my baby Dash. I accepted him for what he was and cherish our memories together.
    TYPICAL squirrel behavior...accept one person in the house---and attack all others...
    Our Rama Rota is that way...He was gentle, fun and great to let run loose...then at 1 year he attacked me...chewed up my arm--.then he was friendly for 4 more months...and ZAP...without warning he attacked my face... from then on I wore a home made helmet and welder's gloves...That has been the routine for over 5 years now...Rama is still the king of the house...and I ( with my duct-tape grey helmet)--is his "Sir Lancelot" ha!

Name:  RAMA-all geared up.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  134.8 KB< <<< <<click on pic

1Legacy1 Guest

I'm looking for 1 male and 2 females if anyone can point me in direction of a breeder in U.S. I would greatly appreciate it I had 2 that passed last year after 16 years of enjoyment

1Legacy1 Guest

Hello all. I have had and raised chipmunks and just lost last year 2 of my babies after 16 years of enjoyment. I had to let some time pass but now am looking for a U.S. based breeder. I have a very large habitat set up inside of a large atrium. It's 6 foot round 10ft high. It has set vacant now for 9 months. It's time. I'm looking for 2 females and 1 male if possible. If anyone can point me in a direction I would greatly appreciate it..

No help re a breeder but welcome to TSB. Lots of good squirrel knowledge here and you bring a wealth of knowledge about little kissing cousins to our beloved squirrels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12