Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible MBD!!!! Help!

Default Re: Possible MBD!!!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    No single shot is going to do the trick. He is going to need calcium orally for a long time - weeks to months - to get past this...
    Yes, most definitely! But I was hoping this shot would bring him out of the funk enough to let me give him the calcium orally. I am have already committed myself to doing whatever it takes to get this little guy back to normal

Just an update for everyone!

We just got home from vet, Dr. Fox, and he was great! He's actually raised a few squirrels himself. He wasn't totally convinced it is MBD though, he said it could be a number a things like Bernie could have fell or he might have really low blood sugar. He said if Bernie doesn't show major improvement by tomorrow we will do an xray and possibly some blood work. But since the calcium seemed to be helping him, he went ahead and did an calcium injection. Bernie took it like a champ! He didn't try to run or bite. Super proud of him. He's definitely feeling better. I was really concerned that he might be dehydrated but he proved me wrong and went pee at the vet's office and it was very clear. So that's a good sign. The vet recommended I put Bernie back on esiblac formula, just diluted and mixed with calcium, for the next three weeks or so. Bernie is now resting and the future looks good for now.

Dr. Fox was great and so was his office staff! Told me to call anytime if I had questions. The visit was only 50$ which is a lot less than what I expected. For future reference if any one needs a vet that will see squirrels in the Port St. Lucie/Ft. Pierce Fl area, here is the office contact: Dr. Fox at Animal Hospital of West Port Saint Lucie (772)344-8800.

Thanks everyone for your help!

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Taragracee:

DarkLies212 (06-01-2016), lennysmom (06-01-2016), Mel1959 (06-01-2016)

Yay for a good update! Glad you found a vet that knows squirrels and is reasonable in cost.
    Praying for continued improvement in your little guy.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lennysmom from:

Mel1959 (06-01-2016)

What a great update!!! Thank-you for taking such good care of that baby!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Mel1959 (06-01-2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123