Thread: Tail fur thinned out near the tip.

Bained Guest

Default Tail fur thinned out near the tip.

Dax has had this problem for about a month now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better or worse. The fur on the last quarter of his tail is not all full and fluffy like the rest of his tail. He doesn't have any other spots of fur thinning out on his body so I don't think it's mites or mange. We don't have a flea problem either. I saw a similar post and someone had said it could be a fungus and to try rubbing coconut oil on it as well as feeding him some. I have been doing that for about two weeks now and haven't noticed any change. It isn't getting any better or worse. Now he did get his tail dipped in some hot coffee when he went to jump on my fiancée's arm about a week before this started so could it be scarred and permanent from that? It doesn't seem to bother or affect him in any way it just looks funny. Thanks for any help, suggestions, or input.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Tail fur thinned out near the tip.

If diet, fungus or the hot coffee did effect his tail fur it will take some time to heal and grow back..... maybe a few months, so remain patient and keep up a healthy balance diet for your little one that should include lots of vegetables, some vanilla yogurt, hhb and fresh water.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.