Thread: Gaining trust

Default Gaining trust

I have an approx 12-13 week squirrel wh was brought to me to finish rehab & release. She was well bonded to her last mom & even though she's SLOWLY coming to like me (mainly because I feed her, I think!) she's still a bit frightened here. She wasn't used to being caged but that's not an option here. I started her in a smallish cage (3' x2') so she could hide easily. I can tell she's kinda lonely, Unbonded and a singleton. Any good ways to gain some trust? Ideas about moving her to the big patio cage? Will that make the situation better or worse? My instincts are failing me here.

Default Re: Gaining trust

Cesta, it's unlikely that you'll ever gain her complete trust at this age. She will tolerate you but I doubt she will ever let her guard down. I think your patio cage would be perfect. It is a fabulous cage.... large, protected and very nice. I think she would feel more comfortable out there than inside in a small cage with all your 'predators' ... dogs and cats.

Do you need a sitter while you're on vacation? I would be glad to help. I would also be glad to help transfer her if needed. PLEASE don't let her bite you.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Cesta (05-21-2016), SammysMom (05-20-2016)