Thread: Rehabber needed in Texas

Default Rehabber needed in Texas

I have 2 issues I need help with:
    1st- I'm looking for someone around the DFW area that can help me with a release, my babies are 15 weeks. I can't release where I live because there isn't enough foliage and there are too many dogs. I never see any squirrels in my neighborhood, I guess they can't thrive there.
    2nd- I have 3 girls- Sandy, Hammy and Banana. I am keeping Sandy because she has Neuro issues, but my question is, because she has had her sisters by her side all this time, would it be better for Sandy to keep Hammy also, keeping Banana is out of the question because she torments Sandy. Hammy and Sandy seem perfectly content in the life I have provided for them, Banana does not. She hates to be in a cage, and growls when I put her back up, to the point I fear that I will be bit. Sandy and Hammy willingly go back in the cage. I don't know if in the wild they would of already all gone their separate ways, or if they would stick together.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Rehabber needed in Texas

Try calling DFW Wildlife Coalition and ask for someone that specializes in squirrels - 972.234.9453

Or you can contact Kathy Rogers from the Rogers Wildlife center. I don't have her info but she's on FB.

Texted FortWorthSquaddy with this thread info!

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to DarkLies212:

kendradfw (05-17-2016), PennyCash (05-16-2016)

After talking to a fellow member, we decided it was best for Sandy to be alone, so for nearly a week now, I have had Hammy and Banana separated from Sandy and allow them some time together. Sandy takes all her pent up energy out on me when I get home from work, but Ill take it. She just loves to play soo much.

However, I'm still looking for help finding someone that is willing to release them for me. Im willing to drive a little bit if I need to. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Kendra,

I live in Dallas in the White Rock Lake area and it's really woodsy and there are lots of great parks and nature trails. Is that what you were thinking would be a great place for them? I could most certainly help out.

7. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rebecca817:

lukaslolamaus (05-25-2016), Nancy in New York (05-24-2016), PennyCash (05-24-2016)

Tommyvieth Guest

Hi Kindra , I saw your post you made back in June , do you still have your squirrels? We live in frisco . We have raised 2 squirrels and have released them into the wild , they are doing great . If you find any more . We can help, my wife's number is 214-215-7314 (Cathy) let us know , Thanks, Tommy

Thank you Tommy but I found a wonderful rehabber that released them for me, I still have my baby Sandy that is a NR.

If I ever find myself in that situation again, I will keep you in mind, thank you!