Thread: Sneezing baby

Exclamation Sneezing baby

I have about a 4 week old baby. I use a 6ml syringe with a nipple because its all i have i cant find one any where around where i live and i feed him goats milk. Everytime i feed him he sneezes some milk its not a lot just a tiny bit and i always wipe it away quick. No clicking so should i be worried?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  446.4 KB

Default Re: Sneezing baby

Yes, you should be worried if he is sneezing milk from his nose, it is just flirting with danger. You really need smaller syringe. Even the most experienced person would be challenged trying to use a large 6ML syringe (it is more about how large around the "barrel" ). Go to the pharmacy and tell them you are feeding a kitten (they are more sympathetic to kittens) and ask for a 1ML syringe, they usually will give you one.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

Nancy in New York (03-09-2016)

Do you want us to try to find a rehabber for this baby?
    Once they go down hill, they can go fast.
    Do you have him on heat (under his container) set on low?
    How often do you feed and what formula.

Quote Originally Posted by gillianlynn View Post
    I have about a 4 week old baby. I use a 6ml syringe with a nipple because its all i have i cant find one any where around where i live and i feed him goats milk. Everytime i feed him he sneezes some milk its not a lot just a tiny bit and i always wipe it away quick. No clicking so should i be worried?
    Wait this is from your other thread.
    Are you using a 2 or a 6 ml syringe.
    Not sure if I gave you this link before, but go here and read, read, read the link that is provided
    to baby squirrel care.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...-Squirrel-Care

I use a very small syringe its a 2cc and since ive found a nipple to put on it he loves it. It was the first time i had seen blood from his mouth so it had me worried

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Spanky (03-09-2016)

Yikes....

Personal preference but I NEVER go over a 3ML no matter how big the baby or teenager.
    5ML's can deliver too much with one strong swig from the baby. Never even seen a 6 but that's way too big IMO.

Keep an ear out for any clicking or if at any point this little one stops eating or decreases it's eating greatly.
    You'll need medicine quick if so.
    Proud Squaddy to Pee Wee Squirrel, Lebron, Marino, Griese, Csonka, Patty, Sneezy, Grumpy, Shortcake, Trixie, Stinky, Hooty, Chewey, Bucky,Peyton, Dash, Braveheart, Thelma & Louise, Plumpkin & Spice, Nemo & Dori, the three little bears Smoky, Yogi and Booboo.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Coralreefer from:

Nancy in New York (03-09-2016)