I don't know if I only just now realized that my squirrel (5 months old) is overweight or if she is having serious GI issues. I can't think of any reason for GI issues. I know I've been out of produce of any kind for the last two days and all she's gotten is rodent block. Maybe she's digesting it more slowly as a result? She is still pooping and it looks healthy and normal. She doesn't appear to be in any pain.

I can't remember if she looked this chubby a few days ago or not. Or even earlier today. I can't remember. All I know is that right now she looks large to me. Does anyone know of any signs of something serious I should watch out for in the next day or so? It's likely she's just overweight -I'm oblivious to bodily changes that occur over time, and I'm also quite a worrier. If not though, what should I watch for?

If it *is* just weight issues, how can I control her diet better? I'm not as good as I ought to be about providing a variety of produce, but most mornings she gets arugula and rodent block. I refill the rodent block in the afternoon most days and add some more arugula. When I have it, I throw in a variety of other squirrel-approved veggies, and on rare occasion, fruits and nuts - just a few little pieces (1 pecan half ever few days, 2-3 small diced cubes of apple/pear or a grape or two even less commonly). She eats the rodent block voraciously though and doesn't seem good at self-moderation. At what point do I "step in" to moderate rather than "free flow" the rodent block?