Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extremely Enlarged Penis

Default Extremely Enlarged Penis

Our little paraplegic squirrel Victor has a VERY enlarged penis tonight, all red - it's like a huge bubble, as if the foreskin did not get back to cover the shaft. I find that the tip is rather dark and that worries me immensely. He seemed normal yesterday. I saw that tonite when I picked him up to go give him his bath.

When I gave him his bath I saw him urinate - apprently normally - and he poos normally. However his groin and belly seem all sticky and wet, constantly; even after I had dried him off well after his bath I found him all wet again a few minutes later. I didn't have any KY so I used some Polysporin to prevent it from drying. Now I find that the tip seems dark and I'm very worried.

My poor little guy needs help. Should I give him some Metacam? Antibiotics? Anything else I should do?

EDIT: I'd forgotten to mention that his testes are also huge. That too seems like a new development from today

Name:  IMG_0941.jpg
Views: 4317
Size:  738.5 KB
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Default Re: Extremely Enlarged Penis

Oh that poor little guy! Definitely metacam and I would start an antibiotic as well. What do you have for ABs?

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Shewhosweptforest (12-06-2015)

Jeez I have no idea .....but it reminds me of what Luna...stosh's girl went through with her vulva the only thing that comes to mind is something like preparation-h that is use for hemorrhoids...that helps them shrink down and back inside poor baby....could he have been suckling himself or dragging his privates? I sure hope someone comes on that has some ideas hang in there Victor
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Shewhosweptforest from:

Mommaluvy (12-07-2015)

Good thinking with the Prep H! The Metacam addresses the internal swelling so it is very important and the AB will help if it is a UTI situation.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Mommaluvy (12-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhosweptforest View Post
    Jeez I have no idea .....but it reminds me of what Luna...stosh's girl went through with her vulva the only thing that comes to mind is something like preparation-h that is use for hemorrhoids...that helps them shrink down and back inside poor baby....could he have been suckling himself or dragging his privates? I sure hope someone comes on that has some ideas hang in there Victor
    ^^^Good posting!
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

I have Clavamox, Clyndamycin, Amoxycillin for antiobiotics. Wen spreading some of the Poly some of the skin came off the tip - necrotized I presume but there is no bleeding. This is not looking good at all. Maybe it had started already yesterday and I just had not seen it.

I also have some Bactrim.
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    - Gandhi -

I think that I would start with Clavamox. Bactrim might help, but it is slow acting. Do you have the dosing?

OK Clavamox it shall be. Yes, I have the dosing, thanks.

How often do I give the Metacam?

I know that Clavamox is twice a day.
    - Gandhi -

Get your strongest glasses or a magnifying glass and check his penis very carefully to make sure something like a hair or fiber hasn't wrapped around it causing this.

A good, totally safe method to pull the swelling out is to dampen it with water and completely coat it in regular table sugar. You are kind of trying to make a solid "cast" from the sugar so use plenty. If he licks it - no problem.

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Mommaluvy (12-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    OK Clavamox it shall be. Yes, I have the dosing, thanks.

How often do I give the Metacam?

I know that Clavamox is twice a day.
    The metacam is usually ONCE a day.
    The first dose will be the loading dose.
    The following days, cut that amount in half and
    dose that, once.

Tnx Nancy, C M I will tell Iwonka about the sugar thing. I brought him there since hubby and I are running around like crazy this week (just bought another property).

I took our sweetie to the vet today and she (the vet) said it's the sheath itself that is all swollen. His penis itself seems OK and he urinates without a problem. Victor might have injured himself somehow, on something and I'm trying to check everythingin his cage. Vet said to continue the antibiotics (Clavamox) and Metacam and keep the injury lubrified at all times. Has to be cleaned 3 times a day and we have to keep a watch to make sure the swellilng doesn't get worse.
    - Gandhi -

The sugar helps to bring down the swelling. Wet the penis and then take simple granulated sugar onto the penis. I am not sure why, but it helps to relieve the swelling. They even use this on men who have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    The sugar helps to bring down the swelling. Wet the penis and then take simple granulated sugar onto the penis. I am not sure why, but it helps to relieve the swelling. They even use this on men who have this issue.
    OK, thanks!
    - Gandhi -

OK, thanks!
    - Gandhi -

Not much change as of today but some of the swelling has gone down. Vet recommended that we give the AABs a chance to start acting and make sure he stays lubricated.

Iwonka's following those instructions and making sure he stays clean and can pee well and sleep well.
    - Gandhi -

Not much change as of today but some of the swelling has gone down. Vet recommended that we give the AABs a chance to start acting and make sure he stays lubricated.

Iwonka's following those instructions and making sure he stays clean and can pee well and sleep well.
    Thank you for the update!
    I forgot to ask, where is the property you're buying?
    Are you building a home on it?
    I only ask because your home and yard are SO gorgeous,
    I would hate to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Thank you for the update!
    I forgot to ask, where is the property you're buying?
    Are you building a home on it?
    I only ask because your home and yard are SO gorgeous,
    I would hate to move.
    We're not moving Just bought a duplex to help supplement old age pension income and, mostly, to ensure my oldest son will always have a roof over his head (he lives with Asperger's syndrome) while being able to live independantly. It's sort of an insurance policy for us. That property is not too far from where we live - some 15 minutes away.

EDIT: We don't want to move either. Long as I can still afford to live here I will.
    - Gandhi -

We're not moving Just bought a duplex to help supplement old age pension income and, mostly, to ensure my oldest son will always have a roof over his head (he lives with Asperger's syndrome) while being able to live independantly. It's sort of an insurance policy for us. That property is not too far from where we live - some 15 minutes away.
    Awe that's wonderful!
    15 minutes is perfect!
    Glad you aren't moving, your place is spectacular!

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Scooterzmom (12-18-2020)

11-d new state bank colony, kanyakumari,tamilnadu

Thank You It Really Helped Me Within seconds

Quote Originally Posted by kathiravan View Post
    Thank You It Really Helped Me Within seconds
    Did you look with a magnifying glass to see whether a hair or string is around it? Seems strange it mushroomed up overnight.
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast