Thread: Swollen/infected Fingers

Hybrid View

Default Re: Swollen/infected Fingers

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Light coating is fine, won't hurt her if she does lick.
    You might want to consider Ib to reduce swelling, definitely watch for infection but
    wouldn't jump the gun and put her on ab's if not necessary.
    Thank you for the advice, I'm unfamiliar of what Ib and ab's are though. Would you mind clarifying, I'm not to good when it comes to medicine. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Silverline View Post
    Thank you for the advice, I'm unfamiliar of what Ib and ab's are though. Would you mind clarifying, I'm not to good when it comes to medicine. Thank you very much
    Abs, is antibiotics.
    Hope you are doing well honey!
    Trooper Marie

And "ib" is Infant Ibuprophen, which can help with pain and swelling. With her weight we can dose that for you.

Please spend some time going over your cage with a fine toothed comb. You have at least one pinch point which she has managed to find. Check the doors and also check where the cage walls come together. You don't want ANY bars that come together in a "V" and you don't want any spaces big enough for a to to go into but too small for it to slide easily out of. You may wind up pruing bars wider apart, or you may need to completely close gaps (wrapping a strip of fleece tightly around and around them and tying it off will do).

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    And "ib" is Infant Ibuprophen, which can help with pain and swelling. With her weight we can dose that for you.

Please spend some time going over your cage with a fine toothed comb. You have at least one pinch point which she has managed to find. Check the doors and also check where the cage walls come together. You don't want ANY bars that come together in a "V" and you don't want any spaces big enough for a to to go into but too small for it to slide easily out of. You may wind up pruing bars wider apart, or you may need to completely close gaps (wrapping a strip of fleece tightly around and around them and tying it off will do).
    Sounds good! I will get her on a scale tomorrow and get her proper weight. I'm going to thoroughly examine her cage again. This is becoming quite bothersome. Perhaps I might just buy a new and improved cage, and store this cage for emergencies.

At the bottom of this forum will be new pictures of Troopers hands, these are the best that I can take while she is active, I'm going to try to get better ones while she is asleep.

Hope you are well! Miss you!

So I was able to spray some diluted hydrogen peroxide on her paws a little while ago, I went to go get neosporin, and I was shocked to find out that neosporin is now discontinued. I went to see my doctor to get a prescription for something similar, and he gave me an ointment called Fucidin cream. Is anyone familiar with this? I didn't put any on her yet, as I wanted to run this past TSB first, and also while she is asleep. It's very hard to do anything with her while she is awake and active.

Here are some more pictures that I took of her hand, Again, because shes too active, they are not the best. When she is asleep, I will try to get better ones.

Name:  a.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  32.2 KBName:  b.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  49.5 KBName:  c.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  42.0 KBName:  d.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  39.4 KBName:  f.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  58.2 KBName:  g.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  56.7 KBName:  h.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  38.6 KBName:  i.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  41.8 KBName:  j.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  36.0 KBName:  k.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  47.0 KB

So I am able to get a hold of an AB called clavaseptin which is supposed to be exactly like Clavamox, and an anti-inflammatory called meloxyn. The Clavaseptin are 250mg tablets. These I can get from a friend who has these left over from when her dog was sick a couple of weeks ago. I've seen the name Clavamox used in some of the forum posts on here. Would this be a good AB to get Trooper-Marie on if properly dosed? I can take Trooper's weight tomorrow once I find the scale.

Thanks for the help

Looks like it is the same med. What does the tablet look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Abs, is antibiotics.
    Hope you are doing well honey!
    Trooper Marie
    Gotcha! Thanks. I am doing really well. Still working on school and spending as much time as I can with Trooper-Marie. She is doing great except for this little incident.
    I'm going to post more pictures of her hands on the bottom of these posts. Can you take a quick look?

PS. Did Ben get a hold of you? He said he was going to contact you to return the cage