Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing myself and my Indian Palm Squirrel Chu-Chu (aka Bruno)

Gardentoes11 Guest

Default Re: Introducing myself and my Indian Palm Squirrel Chu-Chu (aka Bruno)

Just want to squeeze him, he's so CUTE!!!

He is beyond precious!!

Hi,

Its a general update.
    Bruno is gaining weight

He has started shredding pistachio nuts and eats orange happily.
    I am still giving him formula and but constantly trying to switch him to solid food.
    He is very active, has started jumping and running very well now.

I will post some pictures of him tomorrow.

#peace

We love him!!

Some pics from today. He seems little lost.

Name:  IMG_4203.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  357.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4208.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  692.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4210.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  616.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4212.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  172.7 KB

Hi All,

Bruno has made for himself a nest on my terrace in a pile of bricks and he doesn't want to come out inside anymore.
    He doesn't like formula anymore and is happy eating carrots, almonds and some other vegetables.

is this the time when I should stop interfering in hie ways??
    Need your advice.

Sounds like he's almost ready for the big world. He is so beautiful, and so much like our chipmunks! Is he safe out there on your terrace? If yes, then he has the best of both worlds -- freedom to come and go as he pleases but always able to return home for snacks and safety!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Gardentoes11 Guest

He's so cute! So very tiny! Looks like you've done a terrific job with him. Thanks for sharing him with us!

I would start giving him more blocks and other solids. Can you double check his teeth one more time to make sure they are alright?

He is very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by ssingh View Post
    Hi All,

Bruno has made for himself a nest on my terrace in a pile of bricks and he doesn't want to come out inside anymore.
    He doesn't like formula anymore and is happy eating carrots, almonds and some other vegetables.

is this the time when I should stop interfering in hie ways??
    Need your advice.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Thank you all for your guidance and advice.
    I will try to check his teeth tomorrow, might be tricky because he doesn't want to be touched anymore.

Safety on Terrace: His nest is pretty safe no cat or bird can reach him there. He ousted a lizard who was living in the bricks (little thug he is!). The squirrels here run around terraces and walls a lot so I think they know how to be safe there.

I will post some pictures of him soaking sun when I get my hands on a telephoto lens.

Thanks
    Ssingh

We've see palm squirrels when in India. They are the cutest little guys. We had a family right outside our window in Banglore. I did my best to make friends bit they wanted nothing to do with me. They DID like my treats. I'm so glad your little guy is safe on your terrace where he can come home if he needs to. You are an excellent "squaddy" and he's one lucky little squirrel

Name:  pp.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  56.2 KB

Hi All,

Bruno has wandered off.
    i haven't seen him around his nest for 3 days and food I left there is untouched.
    I believe went away with a bunch of squirrels living next terrace to mine.
    I saw them bringing food to Bruno once a few days back, that gives me good reason to think they were on good terms.

Here is one last photo of him enjoying a carrot!!
    I miss the little guy too much :'(

Name:  20151205090226.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  619.3 KB

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to ssingh from:

pradeep200417 (04-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ssingh View Post
    Hi All,

I made the rodent blocks today using the chocolate flavored whey protein.
    Added some calcium tablets to the mixture to up the minerals.

But Bruno seems to be oblivious to them. Hoping that he will start eating them soon.
    Also ordered a heating pad to keep the temperature regulated for winters.

Thanks for all your support and advice.

Regards,
    ssingh
    How did you make them?

Pradeep, this is an old thread, dated 2015. If you need help start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

There are recipes for making boo balls using ground rodent block, baby food and coconut oil in the Squirrel Nutrition section.

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

pradeep200417 (05-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Pradeep, this is an old thread, dated 2015. If you need help start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

There are recipes for making boo balls using ground rodent block, baby food and coconut oil in the Squirrel Nutrition section.
    Sorry. Will search for that. Strangely I dont get notifications when someone replies to my post. Would check the setting for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12