Thread: Hungry all the time.

Mybabypeanut Guest

Default Hungry all the time.

Hello from Peanuts Mom,

Im happy to report we have not had a seizure in TWO WEEKS!!!! Super thrilled to report that. We had to finally add
    phenobarbital to her day and we also had to try what amount worked best. .1 didn't help at all and .2 made her far too tired. We finally tried .15 twice a day and its perfect. She also get light therapy....as much as I can get her to take. Usually atleast 30 minutes and sometimes even more. I have Vitamin D and I usually give her 100iu a week just to make sure her bones are optimally strong. She is not releasable due to her severe seizures but she makes a wonderful addition to our little family. We have no children so she is a substitute. She still sleeps with us just in case she has a seizure. She loves to stretch out over my leg so her arms and legs are hanging over the sides....thats how she lays on the couch all sprawled out. She loves her scratches and rubs at night and is slowly wanting to be with us during the day on the den couch where I work as well.
    Here is our latest issue. She is ALWAYS starving. I give her a Henry block in the am with a whole almond 20 ml of milk and her veggies and fruit and oat square cereal. She eats and drinks the blocks and nut and milk and nibbles on the greens but spends most of the day asking me for more food and running around trying to find more food. I wont give her more then one nut due to calcium they draw out. How can I satisfy her hunger? Am I missing something? I don't want her to get fat and she is actually starting to look a little heavy. Last weighing she was 1 pound 2 ounces but I think that number is higher now.
    I appreciate any ideas you have for her diet. I dont see how she could still be hungry.

Default Re: Hungry all the time.

After she eats her Henry's block and healthy veggies, you can provide her an unlimited supply of the "lesser" rodent block like Harlan Teklad, Oxbox or Mazuri rodent block!

Is she eating 2 Henry's a day, or only 1? She should eat 2 daily to fulfill her nutritional needs.

Good news that the seizures have subsided!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.