Thread: Chew Ideas?

Default Chew Ideas?

I would love to know if others have ideas on things i can get for Peetie to chew on. She has tree branches, and deer antlers and wood but would love to know if there are anything other that i could get her to chew on. I thought i had read once about a certain dog chew in the store but not sure and would not chance it. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Default Re: Chew Ideas?

The only thing I might add to this list would be hickory nuts and black walnuts. Both are very hard nuts and usually take squirrels awhile to chew through.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lennysmom from:

Adi (10-28-2015)

I use those calcium/beak blocks for birds (not the cuttlebone) that they love to chew on. They come in various fruit shapes and flavors. If you can stand the sound of teeth scraping on chalk!

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to DarkLies212 from:

Adi (10-28-2015)

Thank you for the suggestions. I have ordered her some walnuts in the shell and she already gets hickory nuts. She does have to work hard to get into those for sure. Also went to get the fruit thing suggested and put it in her room. Appreciate all the help...

Question Re: Chew Ideas?

At what age is it safe to introduce shelled nuts? My Dibs is chewing very hard at all branches I provide over the past week. He is now 11 weeks old. Is there any risk to his teeth at this age to introduce hard shelled nuts such as almond, filberts, walnut?