Thread: Help with formula needed soon!

Default Help with formula needed soon!

All my squirrels have had diarrhea. Our center uses GME/multimilk formula. I switched out that formula for Fox valley 32/40 and still the diarrhea. It is yellowish in color. I'm thinking of going on the Goat's milk recipe... do I do a gradual switch over like I did with the formula or do I just go to the goat's milk? I have one baby who came in with her sibling and they were severely emaciated. I lost her 2 siblings and she was doing well, but now refuses to eat. I don't want to lose her so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am leaving for the store soon to get the supplies for the new formula, but will check back often. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    TJ

Default Re: Help with formula needed soon!

Guess this is one I'll have to figure out on my own...

You can try the regular puppy esbilac powder - not the GME, or, do regular fresh goats milk mixed with Stoneyfield Yobaby yogurt, any flavor. Mix them at 3 parts fresh goats milk to 1 part yogurt.

If they have diarrhea, I would just switch. You also need to make sure to add additional hydration in between meals. As long as they have diarrhea, they need extra hydration.

If you end up keeping them on this formula, once the diarrhea clears up you need to very slowly, over several days, begin adding some heavy cow's cream to the formula. You will be working towars 3 parts GM, 1 part Yobaby and 1 part cream, but you do NOT want to add the 1 part cream in suddenly. I would spend several days easing it into the formula.

Thank you so much!