Need help determining the fate of a pinkie since this is my first encounter with a pink baby anything I could use some help with this burden.

On Sunday the 26 around 8:30 pm I found an infant male about 2 weeks old at the base of a tree in my backyard night was coming so I brought him, I did not sleep at all having stayed up doing the research and in return he pulled through and survived albeit a bit bruised. Monday I returned him outdoors refreshed and anew in the early morning I made phone calls to the pros in the event the little guy would become an orphan, information was exchanged and some places would take him in but they're too far from me to travel to (Kaufman and Oak Cliff). The nearest rehabilitator which is listed in Plano did not return my call so I was hoping they would call me the next day. I continued on, bought some things for him to ensure he survived and by Tuesday he was still alive and kicking. Time passed by and I got no reply from within Plano and around supper time to make things worse I had been told that another infant was discovered but this one was long gone. Now its Wednesday and its come to decisions decisions.

Things are tight and hectic as it is and I fear he may not have long. He looks healthy enough, had minor bruising from the fall but that's starting to heal almost unnoticeable now I don't think he has internal injuries as there has been no blood in stool or urine and looks like his color is coming in or returning. I don't want to have to do him in myself as i'm a practitioner of ahimsa but I can't just keep leading him on like this so, what do I do with him?

Does anyone here got some inside info on rehabilitators in the area or maybe you are one? I've tried the ones listed on the twpd page but things weren't exactly looking bright. I doubt my vet would euthanize him and if they charged it wouldn't be an option anyways as I've been dipping into my college course savings for him. Maybe some one here more experienced lives nearby enough who is willing to take him off my hands and we could maybe make arrangements. I'm gonna continue calling around and hopefully he lives long enough to see that day I know i'm likely to fail and I've come to terms with that I just don't want that for him.