Thread: PREGNANT YES OR NO???????? TWEEGIE

Default PREGNANT YES OR NO???????? TWEEGIE

Hi you all.......

I hope I'm in the correct place with this posting......

Last night Tweegie moved all her bedding from one side of the cage to the other side of the cage, she has made a big mess.
    This morning 7/28/15 she did not want to leave her inside cage to go to her outside cage, she has been hidden in her new design cage arrangement all morning, afternoon and still there my husband only saw her once in the morning.

I'm now thinking: that she is getting ready to give birth and I'M FREAKING OUT....... WHAT DO I DO? OR IS IT TWEEGIE THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF THE BABY(s)?

Please can anyone tell me what to expect, what do I have to do if anything?
    I do know that she will be very protective of her babies and that we can not handle them. This is all I know.
    PLEASE, PLEASE HELP

Thank you

Default Re: PREGNANT YES OR NO???????? TWEEGIE

When and where would she have gotten prego? do you have other squirrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Delo729 View Post
    When and where would she have gotten prego? do you have other squirrels?
    Hi
    Thank you for responding. If you go to my page you will find out all about what has happen. But she had escaped her outside cage back in June and her behavior has change after she got back and then just what I wrote she has change her bedding from one side of the cage to the other and she didn't want to go to her outside cage and she has been in hiding all day.
    What do you think? and what do I have to do?
    Thank you

Hi to all

Just to inform you all that Tweegie didn't get out of her new bedding she build in her cage starting as of last night when I brought her inside from her outside cage. She must of gotten out to eat and drink water at some point but we didn't see her when she did. At one point I was able to just look at her face because I was calling for her. She seemed ok but a lot more calmer than she has been for a while. Another thing is that this time she didn't jump to the cage to let us know that she didn't want to be mess with like she has been doing for a while now. The problem is that she is completely covered all around and I don't know what is going on so how I my going to know if and when she has her babies? When the babies are born do they cry?
    I am concern cause I don't have any experience with newborns, I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO, IF ANYTHING
    Please I need some direction, advice and suggestions.
    Thank you,
    I would really appreciate it.
    RECAP ON TWEEGIE:
    -Her wound is find but hair has not grown yet.
    -Took her to the vet and took a fecal sample and it came back as a parasite called Eimeria and was treated with Ponazuril Oral 90MG/ML Per CC give 0.2cc by mouth once daily for 3 days and recheck fecal in 2 weeks. Doctor also said that if she is pregnant that it could also be her hormone changes.
    -Her behavior became aggressive with us (a few days....later) after she came back to us and stopped escaping from her cage. Remember she also had that wound when she came back.
    So that is the latest on Tweegie.
    Thanks again and have a good evening.
    Hello

I am "TWEEGIE THE SQUIRREL"
    and I would like to share with you my own "FACEBOOK PAGE" yeah, that's
    right, you heard right I do have my own Facebook page and I 'am hoping that you and your
    friends would check it out and share with all your friends.
    There you can like my page (well only if you really like it) and you
    can take a look at all my pictures and videos and you are welcome to
    make any (NICE) comments, I hope LOL! I really hope you enjoy and like them.
    You see I am trying to become a somewhat of a famous and well liked squirrel and maybe even a Diva
    Here is my page: https://www.facebook.com/

IF she indeed does give birth, and IF she behaves normally -- cleaning and nursing the babies -- then there is nothing you need to do except feed her. If for any reason you see her neglecting them, you will need to step in and raise them yourself.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Also, unlike a kitten, the babies do not cry when born. They don't want to attract predators. They might grunt softly, but that is it, and you would have to have your ear right next to the nest to hear them. As Maura said though, unless she neglects them, you just have to make sure she has food and water and leave her alone, so as not to stress her.
    Squaddy to Hanzel , The sweetest Maloccluded boy in the world, and Gem - A jewel of a squirrel, who just happens to be paralyzed!

RIP my sweet Rex . Wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    IF she indeed does give birth, and IF she behaves normally -- cleaning and nursing the babies -- then there is nothing you need to do except feed her. If for any reason you see her neglecting them, you will need to step in and raise them yourself.
    Thank you for your response and yes that crossed my mind about her neglecting her babies. Lets hope she doesn't.

I have a question, Do you think I should keep her in her inside cage? in case she does have the babies? What do you think? It could be 5 or more days.
    Thanks again.
    Hello

right, you heard right I do have my own Facebook page and I 'am hoping that you and your
    You see I am trying to become a somewhat of a famous and well liked squirrel and maybe even a Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    Also, unlike a kitten, the babies do not cry when born. They don't want to attract predators. They might grunt softly, but that is it, and you would have to have your ear right next to the nest to hear them. As Maura said though, unless she neglects them, you just have to make sure she has food and water and leave her alone, so as not to stress her.
    Thank you, I didn't know that the babies do not cry. I would also like your opinion in keeping Tweegie in her inside cage or should I continue taking her out to her outside cage. I really would like for her to have her babies (if she is pregnant) in her inside cage. What do you think? It could be 5 or 6 days more.

Thanks again
    Hello

Question Re: NEW RECAP 8/6/15 AND ALSO QUESTIONS PREGNANT YES OR NO???????? TWEEGIE

Quote Originally Posted by TWEEGIE918 View Post
    Thank you, I didn't know that the babies do not cry. I would also like your opinion in keeping Tweegie in her inside cage or should I continue taking her out to her outside cage. I really would like for her to have her babies (if she is pregnant) in her inside cage. What do you think? It could be 5 or 6 days more.

Thanks again

Hi you all 8/6/15 @ 8:30 pm

RECAP ON TWEEGIE
    Tweegies behavior is still the same.
    It's been a week or more that I've noticed that her vagina is big, red and swollen she is acting like if she is in heat.
    Back in the beginning of June around the 7th, I thought she was in heat, again her vagina was swollen, red and her behavior was a little hyper and that was the time that she escaped and (ALL OF THIS CAME ABOUT) her 180 degree change of behavior, in the days after.
    If she became pregnant the estimated date would of been August 5th.
    Today 8/6/15 she DID NOT want to leave the inside cage so that we could take her to her outside cage and spend most of the day in her new modify nest. We spend some time with her when we saw that she was out of her nest and at one point she started to pee but it was A LOT AND HER VAGINA WAS MOVING IN AND OUT, IN AND OUT really fast. This happened like around 6:30 pm.

We are very confuse and don't know what to think of what is going on with her.

I have some questions and I' am really hoping that someone on the board can help me. Sorry if they may seem dumb questions but I just don't know. Please I really would like opinions, suggestions, ideas and of course answers. I' am very confuse.....

QUESTIONS????????

1). How many times do squirrels get in heat? (I THOUGHT IT WAS TWICE A YEAR ONE IN SPRING AND THE OTHER ONE IN LATE SUMMER).
    2). How do you tell if she is in heat? (IS IT THE SWOLLEN VAGINA AND ALSO HER HYPERNESS)?
    3). Do they rearrange and move their nest from one side of the cage to the other side for no reason? (OR IS IT ONLY WHEN THEY ARE PREGNANT)?
    4). Do they mellow down when pregnant? (OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND DO THEY GET A LITTLE MORE HYPER THAN USUAL)?
    5). How many inches is a newborn? (THEY SAY A FEMALE CAN HAVE FROM ONE TO THREE BABIES IS THAT CORRECT)?
    6). Do they loose weight when they get pregnant? (TWEEGIE SEEMS TO HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT BUT IT COULD BE CAUSE OF THE NEW DIET).
    7). Does the water break like in humans? (CAUSE OF THE URINE I MENTION ABOVE WAS PRETTY MUCH, NOT TO MENTION WHAT SHE DID WITH HER VAGINA, COULD THAT HAVE BEEN WHEN HER WATER BROKE)?
    8). Why would she choose to stay inside her inside cage? (SHE LOVES IT OUTSIDE AND IS NOT LIKE SHE IS SICK. IS IT THAT SHE MAY BE GETTING READY, IF SHE IS PREGNANT)?

Thank you and I hope you all understand why I have all these questions and needed of answers. I really would appreciate all the help I can get.

Hello

LifeWithLulu Guest

Default Re: NEW RECAP 8/6/15 AND ALSO QUESTIONS PREGNANT YES OR NO???????? TWEEGIE

Hi! I see this feed is very old. I am wondering the outcome as I am experiencing a very similar situation. I posted my own question and got no reponses. I would like answers to all the questions you posted. I have looked everywhere online for symptoms of squirrel pregnancy and cannot find any useful information. Lulu had an outside adventure 2 weeks ago and came back with scratches and claw marks on her belly, under arms, hips and throat. She was very clingy for several days afterwards and did do some new nesting in her "loft". Now 2 weeks later she's back to being playful, hoppin around being silly and wrestling with all the dog toys and my hand. I am very curious how to tell if she is pregnant or not so that I can take proper action.