Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picky , stopped eating Henry's Squirrel Blocks

mgodsey Guest

Default Re: Picky , stopped eating Henry's Squirrel Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    Yep, I had to cut WAY back on the nuts and treats with my little guy for awhile when he stopped eating his healthy foods. In fact, for a couple of days, all I gave him was blocks and healthy veggies. It took a few days and I had to sit on my hands not to give him treats when he acted so hungry after shredding his block, but he came around and started eating the healthy blocks and veggies again. Then I slowly added in a couple of treats, making sure he was still eating the good stuff. As SammysMom said, it is tough love, but it works.
    Good to read this! Our girl, Stormy (no relation to Daniels lol), has been living on her own since December but we still feed her every day. She just recently went through her first "heat" and now she won't eat her blocks. All she wants are the pecans, walnuts, and peanuts. She will eventually take the block but very reluctantly and she usually will just go bury it then come back for her treats. haha. Guess it's time for some "tough love" here in FL.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to mgodsey from:

Snicker Bar (07-16-2018)

And I needed to Re read lol. Just posted about trying to find yer another recipe, to salvage if possible, the hard, dried out HHB’s and pieces two of my girls won’t eat
    I apparently botched my most recent concoction; didn’t add ( or added to much ) of one thing or another, and they won’t eat these boo bars either. Tossing to the chickens, out all natural garbage disposals.

Just my two cents. Keep in mind you may be defeating the purpose of feeding block by adding high sugar content (sweetened cranberries) that causes calcium loss out the urine. Same with adding equal amounts of block and avocado, which is very high in phosphorus to calcium ratio, and has a high fat content, as this source can tip the Ca:P negatively. Instead adding in fresh fruits, and a bit of organic Chia oil "Foods Alive", for a little of this oil has been found to go a long ways to adding to 'taste appeal' without adding a significant amount of fat and phosphorus to the diet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12