Thread: Picky , stopped eating Henry's Squirrel Blocks

Hybrid View

Default Picky , stopped eating Henry's Squirrel Blocks

We have tried the adult formula and picky eater variety but Snickers is just wasting them. She will eat the "boo ball" stuff, but when I asked they said here it's not meant to be fed as a main diet. What if I made the homemade squirrel block recipe or boo ball recipe using the Henry's Blocks; and cut out the nuts- and just used the Esbilac and baby food and coconut oil mixture? Could that serve as te daily 2-3 block portion? And fruits and veggies?

Default Re: Picky , stopped eating Henry's Squirrel Blocks

Honestly, if she has nothing else to eat, she will learn to eat the blocks. It's called "tough love" around here...

Yep, I had to cut WAY back on the nuts and treats with my little guy for awhile when he stopped eating his healthy foods. In fact, for a couple of days, all I gave him was blocks and healthy veggies. It took a few days and I had to sit on my hands not to give him treats when he acted so hungry after shredding his block, but he came around and started eating the healthy blocks and veggies again. Then I slowly added in a couple of treats, making sure he was still eating the good stuff. As SammysMom said, it is tough love, but it works.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Ok will try; today only gave her 2 blocks, some broccoli and cucumber; only ate the brocolli

Also when i think they may not be getting the nutrition they need while i'm trying to get them to eat the blocks, ,I sprinkle this on some of the food they will eat as a get by. http://www.henryspets.com/vita-mins/

After how many days of no blocks do I need to be worried?

Well, if you are giving her nothing but blocks and she's not eating anything ,could be a bigger issue ,but if you keep at it,i'm sure she'll come around. Hunger is a big motivator.

Red face Re: Picky , stopped eating Henry's Squirrel Blocks

The avocado might work, I have two in fridge will try in morning thanks for all the tips; Snicker's life depends on y'all , my squirrel wisdom is still preschool level

mgodsey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    Yep, I had to cut WAY back on the nuts and treats with my little guy for awhile when he stopped eating his healthy foods. In fact, for a couple of days, all I gave him was blocks and healthy veggies. It took a few days and I had to sit on my hands not to give him treats when he acted so hungry after shredding his block, but he came around and started eating the healthy blocks and veggies again. Then I slowly added in a couple of treats, making sure he was still eating the good stuff. As SammysMom said, it is tough love, but it works.
    Good to read this! Our girl, Stormy (no relation to Daniels lol), has been living on her own since December but we still feed her every day. She just recently went through her first "heat" and now she won't eat her blocks. All she wants are the pecans, walnuts, and peanuts. She will eventually take the block but very reluctantly and she usually will just go bury it then come back for her treats. haha. Guess it's time for some "tough love" here in FL.

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to mgodsey from:

Snicker Bar (07-16-2018)

And I needed to Re read lol. Just posted about trying to find yer another recipe, to salvage if possible, the hard, dried out HHB’s and pieces two of my girls won’t eat
    I apparently botched my most recent concoction; didn’t add ( or added to much ) of one thing or another, and they won’t eat these boo bars either. Tossing to the chickens, out all natural garbage disposals.

It'll be one of the hardest things you'll do,but after time she will get used to the routine of blocks for breakfast. Just imagine if you had a child that his or her life depended on a certain medicine they didn't like to take. I struggle with this dilemma daily with my squirrels. You could improvise and grind blocks up and put them in other food like avocado for a spell. Keep at it. Some days my squirrels will wait me out for the good stuff. It's not easy for squirrel lovers I'll give you that.