Thread: Flyer v. glue trap

Hybrid View

Squirlgirl is offline Licensed Rehabilitator, The Squirrel Board

Default Re: Flyer v. glue trap

Yay! That is one messy job! I always warm the oil, helps melt the glue. Its stressful on both ends, I know! Rescue Remedy is helpful. I will call you for my next squirrel pine sap tail tangle!

Just fed Slick and when I returned her to her cage she burrowed as usual. Five minutes later, I looked up to see her climbing all over the cage! This was a first and I think it was a huge step in the right direction!

If I want to use Dawn, but don't want to submerge Slick, can I use a cloth and toothbrush with a bowl of Dawn water and accomplish anything or am I wasting my time to try this?

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    If I want to use Dawn, but don't want to submerge Slick, can I use a cloth and toothbrush with a bowl of Dawn water and accomplish anything or am I wasting my time to try this?
    Are you trying to get the glue off or the oil?

Both, but the Dawn is mainly for the oil. I sort of want to start with as little on her as possible and assess the damage

The Dawn has a ton of sufactants so it will work...slowly. Make absolutely sure you get all the Dawn off though. People think it is non-toxic but it most certainly is NOT and you don't want them to ingest any.

If you could just reduce it by about 50%, she will get it groomed out eventually. My cockatiel decided to wade in and bathe in a bowl of melted butter (for lobster) once. It took him about a month to look normal, but it DID all go away finally.
    Last edited by CritterMom; 05-30-2015 at 07:55 PM.

So should I not worry about the glue and wash the oil off? There is still glue that I was worried about.