Thread: Nutrition Question

eibba8 Guest

Red face Nutrition Question

is it safe for my squirrel to be eating "Living World Extrusion pellets" for hamsters in the mean time while i get the proper Rodent blocks, the ones the people suggest on these forms? i don't live in the states so most pet stores have no idea what rodent blocks are. I read that it was necessary for the nutrition info to say Crude Protein: at least 18% for squirrels, this is only 15%.

If my squirrel doesn't like any type of veggie i give him, are fruits only okay? Cooked broccoli seemed to be okay, but he really just tore it up into pieces all over his cage.

Is these something that is rich in calcium i can give him? Im afraid he isn't getting the intake he should be.

Default Re: Nutrition Question

I believe you have Oxbow rat food available in Canada. If so, you can get the young rat and mouse food. It is good nutrition. As for fruit replacing vegetables, it really doesn't work. Too much sugar. Which veggies have you tried? Some squirrels seem to prefer the veggies lightly steamed or even microwaved for a little bit to soften them. If you steam them, it seems to bring out the flavor more.
    Hpp[e this helps a bit. As for calcium, you can give a cuttlebone that is sold for birds.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.