Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOUSTON, HELP NEEDED My cat attacked a squirrel

Kristi S Guest

Default Re: HOUSTON, HELP NEEDED My cat attacked a squirrel

I just want to say how caring and, well, courageous you are. It's a shame that your father "kicked you out" for such a generous act as trying to save an injured squirrel. I wish the best for the squirrel and for you.

Thanks for all the help so far folks. I'm trying another person to see if they can take the little guy tonight but being that I'll try to keep him in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by 517634 View Post
    Thanks for all the help so far folks. I'm trying another person to see if they can take the little guy tonight but being that I'll try to keep him in the garage.

Just make sure that he is secure wherever he is, and that nothing can get to him, that he is warm, and
    if you have him in some sort of container that there are air holes.
    Also he needs to be in something deep because you'd be surprised how they can climb.

I'm so sorry you're going through this turmoil....just know you are amazing I don't ever condone going against a parent...but this sweet little life is depending on you...you are my hero
    for taking a stand for what's right
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

chybear Guest

not sure if it would help, but I'm in cleburne Texas 31/2 hours from houston. I have antibiotics.

If gas money helps here, I am in to contribute. Thank-you so much for helping these little ones. Can you plug in a heating pad in the garage?

Good news!

I was able to find a rehabilitatior off of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department list of official rehabilitators. She was able to take him in, and only lived a couple of blocks from me so I got him there quick. She is a professional rehabilitatior and only works on squirrels. She has 15 years experience and all sorts of equipments, cages etc.. and gave him antibiotics. She said he likely has an internal injury but he should be able to recover from all this. Thankfully he's in good hands now. (She even had a fox squirrel on her hands who I got to meet!)

Thank you guys for all your help and words of encouragement. I've never had a pet squirrel but they're sweet creatures and I just wanted to do the right thing. Also the other person I spoke with who couldn't help because they were too far away, actually called me back right before I headed to the rehabilitatior and they offered to meet me halfway between towns. (They're a member of this forum I don't know if they want their username mentioned). Anyways they're awesome for doing that because they're also rehabbing a bunch of different animals at the moment.

One final thanks to all of you guys I really do appreciate it!

What wonderful news!!! You did such a wonderful job helping. Not everyone takes the time that you did to ensure all the safety possible.

Annabelle's papa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 517634 View Post
    Good news!

I was able to find a rehabilitatior off of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department list of official rehabilitators. She was able to take him in, and only lived a couple of blocks from me so I got him there quick. She is a professional rehabilitatior and only works on squirrels. She has 15 years experience and all sorts of equipments, cages etc.. and gave him antibiotics. She said he likely has an internal injury but he should be able to recover from all this. Thankfully he's in good hands now. (She even had a fox squirrel on her hands who I got to meet!)

Thank you guys for all your help and words of encouragement. I've never had a pet squirrel but they're sweet creatures and I just wanted to do the right thing. Also the other person I spoke with who couldn't help because they were too far away, actually called me back right before I headed to the rehabilitatior and they offered to meet me halfway between towns. (They're a member of this forum I don't know if they want their username mentioned). Anyways they're awesome for doing that because they're also rehabbing a bunch of different animals at the moment.

One final thanks to all of you guys I really do appreciate it!
    Bless Your Heart 517634, Thank You Very Much for helping this Lil' One out, and isn't it wonderful that you found someone in your own area who could help. Like most Folk's who work with Animals, I'm sure they could use some help at times, please stay as a member here on the Board and continue to give updates as they come available.

A few more photos would have been nice also, but maybe you can get some more if you were to check up on the progress of the Lil' One.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12