Hi! First-Time Caller!

Background - we have a momma gray squirrel and her 2 or 3 6-week-ish old squirrels living in our bathroom ceiling. Yes, you read that right. We have a hole in our cieling (due to a fixed leak, they never replaced the drywall cieling panel. So, we have been feeding her and her kids, just standing on a sink or a stepladder and watching the fun. The mom knows us since she was a kid herself, and is friendly.

One of the kids just fell out of the hole in our ceiling, and into a plastic bucket on top of the bathroom cabinet, and then the bucket hit the floor, and the little squirrel ran out. My guy (who's known as a bit of a "Squirrel Whisperer" by our neighbors), is calmly waiting and hanging out while our little guy is hiding behind the toilet.

We don't think our kid is injured (it seems to move OK, and I think the bucket may have helped cushion it's fall a bit - like Niagra Falls in a barrel), but my guy would really like a way to gently put this kid back into the hole in the ceiling, without freaking out the squirrel, or him getting bitten.

Sorry if we've done anything stupid. We really love our squirrelly friends and want them to be safe!

Thanks, ShimShamSquirrel

Suggestions? I had thought maybe swaddling it in a soft t-shirt might work?