Thread: New Here - How do we put a young squirrel back in nest???

Hybrid View

ShimShamSquirrel Guest

Default Re: New Here - How do we put a young squirrel back in nest???

Thanks, SecretSquirrel! Yes, I read that tragic story, so I knew we needed to keep the toilet seat down.

You can learn so much from this board, yay!

WineSquirrel Guest

Just a quick update...

I can confirm that the kid is doing fine a day after its eventful fall. I saw two kids simultaneously staring at each other across the hole in our bathroom ceiling today. Meanwhile, I heard the third scratching further back, presumably attempting to "bury" something in drywall. Since that accounts for all three kids, the one that fell must be doing fine.

drakkonia Guest

What I'm wondering now is, how do you have any privacy in the bathroom with a family of squirrels always peeking in on you? I don't know if I could do my business if, when I looked up at the ceiling, someone else looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkonia
    What I'm wondering now is, how do you have any privacy in the bathroom with a family of squirrels always peeking in on you? I don't know if I could do my business if, when I looked up at the ceiling, someone else looked back.
    Heh heh....kind of reminds me how, back in the '70's, my cousin had a giant poster -- a head shot -- of Jimmy Page on the inside of the bathroom door staring right at you......
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Hi ShimShamSquirrel & WineSquirrel Thanks so much for sharing your squirrely adventure, I laughed through the whole thread. Can't wait to hear what's going on with your ceiling critters next.

ShimShamSquirrel Guest

You're welcome! Glad we could entertain you, hee.

Well, yeah, I tried explaining to the mr. that momma squirrel was staring at me in the shower one day, peeking down from her hole? But he didn't believe it till it happened to him. ahahahaah!!!

***Edit: once the critters found out what the shower was, they lost interest. If it doesn't involve feeding them, they're not all that interested!

drakkonia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber
    Heh heh....kind of reminds me how, back in the '70's, my cousin had a giant poster -- a head shot -- of Jimmy Page on the inside of the bathroom door staring right at you......
    Jimmy Page in the bathroom..? I can think of so many inappropriate things to say, but I won't.

once the critters found out what the shower was, they lost interest. If it doesn't involve feeding them, they're not all that interested!
    yep...they are something!

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.