Views: 138
Size:  693.5 KB

mandasbuddyboy Guest

Default Re: what is causing this?

Name:  securedownload.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  712.4 KB

In the summer when the girl squirrels are yowling outside and the boys are all rammed up - and by his *equipment* he is ready to rock and roll - they not only secrete a weird, smelly brown goo from a gland under the tail that they wipe on things (scent marking), they also pee all over things and drag their bellies in it and over other things (more scent marking). I just yelled at my little guy because he has pee pants. This is most likely a heat/diaper rash issue - the pee gets in those areas that are also skin folds where it gets hot when the weather is hot. If you have a vet, call and see if they will sell you a tube of silvadene cream. It is anti bacterial and anti viral and is just fan-fricken-tastic on stuff like this.

mandasbuddyboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    In the summer when the girl squirrels are yowling outside and the boys are all rammed up - and by his *equipment* he is ready to rock and roll - they not only secrete a weird, smelly brown goo from a gland under the tail that they wipe on things (scent marking), they also pee all over things and drag their bellies in it and over other things (more scent marking). I just yelled at my little guy because he has pee pants. This is most likely a heat/diaper rash issue - the pee gets in those areas that are also skin folds where it gets hot when the weather is hot. If you have a vet, call and see if they will sell you a tube of silvadene cream. It is anti bacterial and anti viral and is just fan-fricken-tastic on stuff like this.
    im going to wash him down in a little bit with dawn and a wash cloth for his itchiness ...im also awaiting the arrival of revolution for ear mites... I though the bumps and baldness was a start to mange or mites.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.