Thread: 9 week old baby Southern Flying Squirrel with eye problem.

joker899 Guest

Default 9 week old baby Southern Flying Squirrel with eye problem.

I have a 9 week old Southern Flying Squirrel and when I got him he had both eyes open. Now the right eyes looks swollen and partly closed. The eye is not crusted and there is no puss coming from it. Will he be find or does he need a vet.

Default Re: 9 week old baby Southern Flying Squirrel with eye problem.

If you can take him to a vet, I would. You don't want to mess with eyes. Can you post a picture?

Annabelle's papa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joker899 View Post
    I have a 9 week old Southern Flying Squirrel and when I got him he had both eyes open. Now the right eyes looks swollen and partly closed. The eye is not crusted and there is no puss coming from it. Will he be find or does he need a vet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    If you can take him to a vet, I would. You don't want to mess with eyes. Can you post a picture?
    SammysMom is absolutely right joker899, Your Lil' Fellow needs to see a Vet. ASAP. This is not a common issue, a Vet. needs to have a chance to get ahead of this immediately. There are many Members here from Texas, in case You need help locating one in or near Your area. for rescuing this Little Soul.

joker899 Guest

Name:  Screenshot_2015-02-17-09-38-45.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  237.3 KB

Annabelle's papa Guest

Thank You for Posting a very good Photo. of the Lil' Fellows eye, please try to have Him seen by a Vet. A Flyers eyesight is their world, and I haven't seen anything like this on the entire board. Texas is a fairly Squirrel safe State, and if You search for a Vet. who treats both Large and Smaller Animals, I'm sure You could have Him looked at today. Please keep us Posted.

joker899 Guest

Just got back from the vet. They said he had hit his eye and gave me some medicine for it.

Annabelle's papa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joker899 View Post
    Just got back from the vet. They said he had hit his eye and gave me some medicine for it.

That is Great joker899, now we all can exhale a little, did You receive Drops or an Ointment.
    Oh Yeah, to The Squirrel Board . You are a Very Caring Person, Please keep Posting.

joker899 Guest

They gave me drops and said it should be better with in 3 days. Thank You this is my first squirrel and I am so excited. He is so sweet and playful. I can't wait until he is all better. I will keep y all posted on his progress.

joker899
    to The Squirrel Board

What a cute baby. I'm really glad you were able to have him seen by a vet. When I saw his eye I wondered if his eye might have gotten bumped or poked with something. Those beautiful LARGE eyes ... I've actually worried about eye injuries myself because they do tend to protrude. I know that must hurt. Poor baby.

Hang around 'flyer' friend.

Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

joker899 Guest

Default Update 9 week old baby Southern Flying Squirrel with eye problem.

He is all better.

Thanks for the update!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.