Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hurt paw

Default Re: Hurt paw

Thank goodness this little one is getting help. I am not an expert, only saved 1 squirrel but that paw looks really bad to me in that 1 pic. Maybe it is not as bad in real life as it looks in that picture. It looks like his whole left paw is just dangling there all mangled.
    When my Sandy broke her arm I just kept her inside and nature took its course and she healed just fine without anything other than good food. I hope the same can happen with your little one. They are very tough and natural healing can do a amazing things but man it looks terrible. I feel so sorry for that squirrel.

My mom just told me now that it was for sure stuck in the metal part and she had to get him unstuck. It's really bad because he was twsiting and panicking but today his paw isn't bloody or anything so it's slowly getting better! Until it's healed he's only in his small cage. His name is Finn

Quote Originally Posted by sandycheeks View Post
    Thank goodness this little one is getting help. I am not an expert, only saved 1 squirrel but that paw looks really bad to me in that 1 pic. Maybe it is not as bad in real life as it looks in that picture. It looks like his whole left paw is just dangling there all mangled.
    When my Sandy broke her arm I just kept her inside and nature took its course and she healed just fine without anything other than good food. I hope the same can happen with your little one. They are very tough and natural healing can do a amazing things but man it looks terrible. I feel so sorry for that squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by JunoWhat View Post
    My mom just told me now that it was for sure stuck in the metal part and she had to get him unstuck. It's really bad because he was twsiting and panicking but today his paw isn't bloody or anything so it's slowly getting better! Until it's healed he's only in his small cage. His name is Finn
    You need to tighten that area where he was hurt. Look around the cage really well for any other spots that a little nail can get caught in.
    Perhaps I missed it, but are you giving him any antibiotics?
    Has anyone reached out to any members in Canada?

Back in July you wrote about something similar happening, was this done in the same cage?
    Is this the same paw?

Recently our little black squirrel cut his paw on something causing it to bleed. He hasn't put any weight on said paw and only will hold it up. I'm afraid of it becoming infected, but he is going through a hormonal time where he is not exactly friendly all the time. Any tips on how to make sure it won't become infected, is there anything safe to put on it? If it happens to become infected, is there an antibiotic he could possibly go on?

Thanks a ton!

Different cage sadly, that healed on his own. I have no idea what and how he keeps hurting himself! I'm more so the messenger for my mom though, she takes care of him since I run a rabbit rescue with 20+ here at a time by myself so I generally have a lot to do ontop of my horse and university

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Back in July you wrote about something similar happening, was this done in the same cage?
    Is this the same paw?

Different cage sadly, that healed on his own. I have no idea what and how he keeps hurting himself! I'm more so the messenger for my mom though, she takes care of him since I run a rabbit rescue with 20+ here at a time by myself so I generally have a lot to do ontop of my horse and university
    Please read my two posts (#34 and #35) in your thread.

I am so happy little handsome fun is getting help. He is so pretty and TSB great team work again. Things like this makes me smile.

How is Finn doing?
    I know the slightest injury to my right foot and I cannot walk right, cannot function every day things like lifting and climbing, Its constant pain, stinging, throbbing, deep hurt so distracting, with swelling, stabbing, makes me whimper and feel helpless. But at least I can go to a doctor, take my own pain meds, and know what is happening. Your Mom is the only one who can help. Hope this is a priority to her. And you.

How is Finn's paw today? I'm still thinking about him.

To motrin seems to be helping a lot (he loves the taste) and has been starting to climb and play without holding his hurt paw up so much. The swelling is going down and it hasn't bled in 2 days so hes starting to do much better, thank you all for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by BigNibbler View Post
    How is Finn doing?
    I know the slightest injury to my right foot and I cannot walk right, cannot function every day things like lifting and climbing, Its constant pain, stinging, throbbing, deep hurt so distracting, with swelling, stabbing, makes me whimper and feel helpless. But at least I can go to a doctor, take my own pain meds, and know what is happening. Your Mom is the only one who can help. Hope this is a priority to her. And you.

OK, this is great news, but what do you mean by 2 motrin?
    How many mls. are you giving him?

Wonderful news!!!

Thank goodness he's starting to feel better

Oh, this is fantastic news. It hurts my heart when I know a little one is suffering.

I hope your mom is either fixing his cage, or getting him a new one, to prevent this happening again.

Sorrt guys when I reply I'm generally mutlitasking the "to" was supposed to be the. He is getting .2cc twice a day and it has helped a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    OK, this is great news, but what do you mean by 2 motrin?
    How many mls. are you giving him?

Annabelle's papa Guest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123