Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EMERGENCY!!!....my baby is shaking and not eating!!!!

Default Re: EMERGENCY!!!....my baby is shaking and not eating!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    You're doing a great job Jaime!
    The baby is on antibiotics, he is resting comfortably and his appetite is good so ALL of these are great news.

Here is a link that shows proper feeding technique. You want the head up so that formula does not go into the lungs. Don't feed him on his back like a human baby. Does your baby have a name.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...DING-TECHNIQUE!!

GET SOME REST!!!!

my husband and daughter named him rockey. i keep calling him a rabbit. so i think my name for him is rabbit. thank you for all the information! It is GREATLY appreciated!

Wait a minute!!!
    Eric ... is he a licensed rehabber? Licensed ... Eric ... Ohio ...
    Are you referring to Eric Taylor? Our Eric Taylor!

yes!!....eric has been wonderful and very helpful to me and my husband....i have been doing everything he has said to do (plus what others have been telling me on here)!!....

Quote Originally Posted by Mommaluvy View Post
    That is exactly what I was going to ask. I am very near you also if you need anything but if you have Eric you have far more than I could offer as I am a newbie. I have cipro, ( fishflox) if you need it.

How long have you had this little one?
    Sounds like you have not had him too terribly long.

I am assuming that he is 7-10 percent dehydrate if his skin is tenting that long. I would try to make sure he gets at least 9 ml of extra water or a home made re hydration solution via mouth if he can take it ( in the 24 hour )

You said BOTTLE.. in one of the first posts...is baby eating off a bottle or syringe? If you have answered this then just disregard.. I am not done reading all the posts yet.

if you do have cipro i would LOVE to get a tablet off of you....i can meet half way and give you some money for gas or something!!!....i just want this little guy to make it....let me know if it is possible....i live in cincinnati/colerain/mt. healthy/white oak/finneytown area.....i am close to all the highways too....

i am running out the door to go to the pet store for my guy...i will be back on here in a few...Thank you everybody!!...

You are doing a great job. BUT, your work has just started, ha ha. With squirrels, it gets worse before it gets better. By that I mean, the worrying gets worse. You have only hsd him 2 days. They have a way of getting into your heart, and then the little rascals start worrying you sick. Is he eating right, is he pooping and peeing right........and it just goes on from there. But, there is nothing loke the love of a squirrel.

Also, I would try and keep him as quiet as you can for now. I know, easier said than done, but it is really important for his recovery. Dark, quiet is what he needs. Whatever is going on, is taking a toll on his little body, but, as a wild animal, he will try to hide how ,bad he feels, so predators don't notice him. So calm and quiet.

Also, I think Nancy might be right. He might have gotten injured. They are clumsy at that age, and he might have tried to jump and missed his mark, or been climbing and fell. But when they grind their teeth, it usually is a sign of pain.

Never cut a pill in half, UNLESS, it is scored. If it is scored, the company has manufactured it to have equal amounts of the med, in each half. This is a rule we use in the hospital.

But you are doing great, keep up the good work!
    Give Rabbit Rocky a scritch behind his ear for me.

Wait a minute!!!
    Eric ... is he a licensed rehabber? Licensed ... Eric ... Ohio ...
    Are you referring to Eric Taylor? Our Eric Taylor!
    Yes she''s talking about me
    Thanks everyone for helping her! When I get back it will be easier too help since you guys got her started.

I do believe it had a score mark. I do agree if you can get the cipro I believe its far better.
    Thank you to everyone for helping Jamie! She needed more than just my help so told her to come here. Please be patient with her, she's trying everything she can and has kids and a life and has handled the stress far better than I did when I came here. Blessed we all are to have this place and all it's people!!

Quote Originally Posted by eric taylor View Post
    I do believe it had a score mark. I do agree if you can get the cipro I believe its far better.
    Thank you to everyone for helping Jamie! She needed more than just my help so told her to come here. Please be patient with her, she's trying everything she can and has kids and a life and has handled the stress far better than I did when I came here. Blessed we all are to have this place and all it's people!!

IF the pill is scored, she needs to add 8 mls. of water to the crushed pill, not 6.
    AND make sure she is giving probiotics.

Jamie,

I live in the Batavia East gate area. I will pm you my phone number.
    If Eric thinks cipro ( fish flox ) it will be better I'll meet ya somewhere.

Hey Eric
    Stephanie Carlson

St. Melangell Small Mammal Sanctuary
    ODNR Permitted Cat 2 Rehabilatator
    https://www.facebook.com/StMelangellSmallMammal/

Jamie,

I live in the Batavia East gate area. I will pm you my phone number.
    If Eric thinks cipro ( fish flox ) it will be better I'll meet ya somewhere.

Great offer. If this is respiratory, Cipro/Baytril is the #1 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post

IF the pill is scored, she needs to add 8 mls. of water to the crushed pill, not 6.
    AND make sure she is giving probiotics.
    ok sweetie I'm not near my book and doing this from memory now and I still come up with 6, can you show me what I'm doing wrong and how you come up with 8 please?

Quote Originally Posted by czarina View Post

Never cut a pill in half, UNLESS, it is scored. If it is scored, the company has manufactured it to have equal amounts of the med, in each half. This is a rule we use in the hospital.
    Oh boy ( thread jack) I need to call my pharmacist ! The doc has me cutting synthroid pills for one of my kids.. Don't think they are scored.. No wonder her blood work was so insane !

Also..Jamie /Eric I have a big bottle of metacam too . I can measure her some out if you like or think he needs for pain .
    Stephanie Carlson

Oh boy ( thread jack) I need to call my pharmacist ! The doc has me cutting synthroid pills for one of my kids.. Don't think they are scored.. No wonder her blood work was so insane !

Also..Jamie /Eric I have a big bottle of metacam too . I can measure her some out if you like or think he needs for pain .
    I think she fell asleep, she's not answering my text anymore either. Poor girl has been up countless hours scared and trying everything. You will probably be her best bet on getting fast help hon.

I think she fell asleep, she's not answering my text anymore either. Poor girl has been up countless hours scared and trying everything. You will probably be her best bet on getting fast help hon.
    I'll get some tablets together. You think any pain can be handled with infant IBP. Or do you want some metacam?
    Stephanie Carlson

I'll get some tablets together. You think any pain can be handled with infant IBP. Or do you want some metacam?
    Honestly I don't know, I guess the better prepared she is the better off the baby will be. I'll try to get her to contact you and you 2 can work that out. I know she'll do whatever it takes. She's got a heart and cares a lot of what happens to him.

Honestly I don't know, I guess the better prepared she is the better off the baby will be. I'll try to get her to contact you and you 2 can work that out. I know she'll do whatever it takes. She's got a heart and cares a lot of what happens to him.
    Sounds good.. I sent her my cell number and found Mt Healthy on the map Norwood looks like a good halfway point. I'll be ready when she calls. You will have to dose her the metacam though cause I don't know meds just yet.
    Stephanie Carlson

Sounds good.. I sent her my cell number and found Mt Healthy on the map Norwood looks like a good halfway point. I'll be ready when she calls. You will have to dose her the metacam though cause I don't know meds just yet.
    Sounds good sweetheart. This place is where I learned 80% of what I know. Stay here and learn all you can BTW glad to have you in my neck of the woods, It got awful lonely by myself! Squirrelsrule has been a blessing too! She's somewhat close and bugged the crap out of her. Nancy, Jackie, Mrs. skul, IR and countless others have been awesome too. Which is why I sent Jamie. If you have a directory save my number, call, text, or whatever anytime!

Name:  MG_20141128_145557.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  38.1 KBHeres Her baby, she sent it to me to post.

If you give me the strength of the meds and the baby's weight, I can dose them for you. So glad you are close and have meds! Thank-you for the terrific offer!

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    If you give me the strength of the meds and the baby's weight, I can dose them for you. So glad you are close and have meds! Thank-you for the terrific offer!
    The Bactrim is 800 . he weighs 130g

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast