Thread: Sick sugar glider

HeatherB Guest

Default Sick sugar glider

I have a sick sugar glider, she is posturing and seems to be having seizures, she has two babies, they are fine. have given her sugar water, but doesn't seem to help. any advise would be helpful.

thanks

Default Re: Sick sugar glider

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherB
    I have a sick sugar glider, she is posturing and seems to be having seizures, she has two babies, they are fine. have given her sugar water, but doesn't seem to help. any advise would be helpful.

thanks
    It is low ( CALCIUM ) GIVER HER SOMETHING LIKE TUMS WITH WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN FEEDING HER. tHE BABY HAVE TAKEN ALL HER CALAIUM. I know because One of my baby squirrel died from that. But I saved her brother, (That is Joey ) I hope I am not too late. Willie Dugas
    Please let me Know what happens. OK

Buddy'sMom Guest

HeatherB, I know nothing at all about sugar gliders (sorry), but wanted you to know SOMEone is here, until someone with actual knowledge signs on to help you.

Keeping her quiet would be a start. -- Geez, I don't even know what questions to ask you to give the rehabbers a head start. How long has this been going on? Any differences in her eating or other habits?

Buddy'sMom Guest

OK, good! Someone else with some knowledge is already here!

Buddy'sMom Guest

Willy -- were yours also sugar gliders? How MUCH would one give? Gliders are pretty small aren't they?

Buddy'sMom Guest

HeatherB -- Willy seems to have left, but I looked back at pictures of Joey and he's a grey squirrel. So it may be the same thing with low calcium -- or may be something different.

How long have you had her?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy'sMom
    Willy -- were yours also sugar gliders? How MUCH would one give? Gliders are pretty small aren't they?
    Mine was a baby squirrel but give her Calcium even Formula will that is what saved my little Joey.
    Last edited by Administration; 07-07-2007 at 10:12 PM.

HeatherB -- Willy seems to have left, but I looked back at pictures of Joey and he's a grey squirrel. So it may be the same thing with low calcium -- or may be something different.

How long have you had her?
    NO I AM HERE

Quote Originally Posted by willydugas
    NO I AM HERE
    IT WILL ONLY TAKE A FEW MINITES FOR IT TO WORK THEN SHE WILL BE FINE. Then keep putting a little tums with Calclium. It will work.

Quote Originally Posted by willydugas
    IT WILL ONLY TAKE A FEW MINITES FOR IT TO WORK THEN SHE WILL BE FINE. Then keep putting a little tums with Calclium. It will work.
    OH I ment in her food.

Buddy'sMom Guest

Thanks, Willy -- I saw you came back. Now Heather seems to have disappeared. Heather? How is she doing?

That can happen to cats or dogs, that is because the babies have taken her Calcium.

HeatherB Guest

Sorry, I am sad to say she did not make it.

Thanks, Willy -- I saw you came back. Now Heather seems to have disappeared. Heather? How is she doing?
    If you hear from Heather, let me know if she is allright.

Buddy'sMom Guest

Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry to hear that. How awful! I wish there was something we could have done.

You mentioned that she had babies -- how old are they? I saw that you have been on TSB for a long while, so maybe you know lots more than I do, but -- do you need any help with the babies?

darrakm Guest

Just for future reference. If anyone needs any help with a sugar glider, animalcraze.net is a wonderful board made up of mostly glider people.

Buddy'sMom Guest

Heather, I see you've logged off -- and who can blame you, you must be devastated. But if you come back on -- are the babies really "babies"? As in, young enough to need heat now that their Mom is gone? Formula?

Pam Guest

Willy was correct in his advice. The glider probably had "Milk Fever"...calcium will turn a sick mom around.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherB
    Sorry, I am sad to say she did not make it.
    Oh I am so sorry

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.