Thread: Good time to introduce a new baby?

Default Good time to introduce a new baby?

If you see my last post about moving my two 15-16 week olds to the release cage yesterday, you'll know that they are very frightened of the new cage, especially one, who must of been in shock, and didnt move for a very long period of time when I first moved her in there. Today they're doing a little bit better, went in their box at night, came out to eat, ect. But they don't come out of the box unless there's food hardly at all during the day. They come out and look around for a few minutes, but mostly they just hide, or peek out of the box. I was wondering if it would be safe to move in my 12-13 week old into the cage. Now you must know, I tried to unite them when they were 8 and 10 weeks but one of my older girls, Sparta, attacked him. (And yes, i tried putting each others fleece in their cages to get used to each other , and their cages were always next to each others, but it didn't help) And when he walked on top of their cage she went nuts and attacked and bit at his feet. The other girl however couldn't care less, so I doubt she's much of a threat. I know how important it is for them to be with another squirrel, especially since I'm releasing them late into the year. I was just wondering if you all thought it was worth risking it, since now would be the optimal time since the others are hiding, and practically just as new to the cage as he would be, not to mention, I think he'll adjust better, and he'd have his own nesting box to hide in of course. I just feel like it'd be so much better for him not to be alone, but I would feel HORRIBLE if he got hurt. Will they hurt each other badly? Should I risk it?
    Acorns Maple
    Hickory Willow
    Jasper Sparta
    Bean Athena
    Birch Cashew

And my angels Peanut, Dandy, and Clover.

Default Re: Good time to introduce a new baby?

I wouldn't do it.
    I think age wise they are past joining,
    it's not going to go well...
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator