Thread: Help needed.....Antibiotics

Default Help needed.....Antibiotics

Hi everyone! I Have the 3 baby flyers that are doing well so far. I have been working with Ms. Skull who has been walking me through everything to take care of these precious baby's.

She told me I will need to have a little antibiotics on hand just incase something starts to go south with one of them. She said it would be a good idea to get on here and ask if someone would be willing to help me with some. I would be willing to cover any cost there might be! I want to be prepared just in case! Thank you so much!

Default Re: Help needed.....Antibiotics

Hopefully someone from your area will come on soon and will be able to help.
    Cipro, Bactrim and SMZ is good to have on hand. Plus you can always pick up
    some Infant Motrin, children Benadryl, tums and Infant Gasx just in case.

Welcome to TSB --you are in Good Hand with Mrs. Skul

Thanks Rhapsody! I Didn't know you could give squirrels Motrin. Ms. Skul has been really nice and helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by andijordan View Post
    Thanks Rhapsody! I Didn't know you could give squirrels Motrin. Ms. Skul has been really nice and helpful!
    Yes, Infant Motrin can be given when they are in pain or have swelling that needs to be treated. (:

You can look on my website under MEDICAL for other medicines that squirrels can take.
    http://mothernaturesrescue.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Yes, Infant Motrin can be given when they are in pain or have swelling that needs to be treated. (:

You can look on my website under MEDICAL for other medicines that squirrels can take.
    http://mothernaturesrescue.webs.com/
    That's a great tip to know!!! Thanks

Ask your friends. Cipro and Baytril are very common to have laying around. Pet stores sometimes also sell it under a different name without script such as Fish Flox. And this site has a variet of drugs:

http://www.beardeddragon.co/

If your not in immediate need I can send you two cipro and two SMZ if you pm me your address. I'll just send it snail mail and it won't cost us much at all. I bought a big bottle of both and there is no way I am going to go through this much by myself before the expiration dates.

I agree with Mrs Skul about having some on hand. Its a miserable feeling when your baby gets sick and your worried about contacting people to beg for meds, or frantically searching and ordering... Illness never plans itself for when its convenient :P
    Stephanie Carlson

St. Melangell Small Mammal Sanctuary
    ODNR Permitted Cat 2 Rehabilatator
    https://www.facebook.com/StMelangellSmallMammal/

Quote Originally Posted by Mommaluvy View Post
    If your not in immediate need I can send you two cipro and two SMZ if you pm me your address. I'll just send it snail mail and it won't cost us much at all. I bought a big bottle of both and there is no way I am going to go through this much by myself before the expiration dates.

I agree with Mrs Skul about having some on hand. Its a miserable feeling when your baby gets sick and your worried about contacting people to beg for meds, or frantically searching and ordering... Illness never plans itself for when its convenient :P
    You are a life saver!! Thank you so much! I definitely don't want to wait until its to late and try to beg for meds like you said. My little ones are so young and fragile I want to be ready for anything that comes our way. Going to PM you now