Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skippy spitting up!!!!

Default Re: Skippy spitting up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopi77
    I took Skippy to meet the lady and she told me that someone licenced would take him from me ...
    Gina, I read this thread when you posted but apairently I didn't understand it correctly. Am I to understand that a "licensed rehabber" actually took skippy away from you? Or was your decision to give Skippy to the rehabber because you had Skippy's best interests at heart?
    ~ Squerly

TheSquirrelBoard.com

Honesty is chosing to make the right decision...
    Integrity is chosing to make the right decision even when it hurts...

Snoopi77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Squerly
    Gina, I read this thread when you posted but apairently I didn't understand it correctly. Am I to understand that a "licensed rehabber" actually took skippy away from you? Or was your decision to give Skippy to the rehabber because you had Skippy's best interests at heart?
    The ladies with the rehab group were all very nice and I suppose this is a case of bad communication.
    I am a very overprotective mom. Being a life-long animal lover, I cared for him like he was my baby for a week. I read everything I could on the Internet on how best to tend to him. I asked advice on this site and followed several peoples advice on little things to make him more comfortable. He seemed to me to be growing and thriving well in every area except he continued to have diarrhea. Having never tended to a baby squirrel, I actually had nothing to compare Skippy to in order to see how he was thriving. I was delighted to see his little face every morning after he would awaken me with his high pitched call.
    He had a tummy problem on Monday evening after I had switched him from liquid formula to powder and he threw up.
    That is the only reason I called the lady. I was afraid Skippy needed someone with more experience than me. I really just wanted her to reassure me that I was doing a good job. I wish she had just told me that he looked fine and to continue whatever I was doing. But it was clear that she had already gotten a lady to come and get him and continue taking care of him.
    I should have spoken up and this was my mistake. I honestly thought that only licenced volunteers could tend to him. Any time I spoke with people about my squirrel (pet stores, vets, etc. they wanted to take him from me. saying that I wasn't supposed to keep a wild animal)
    She did give me the ladies number and told me to call and see how he was doing. I asked her if this lady was good with caring for squirrels and she told me she was her best.
    When I called the lady yesterday, she said she had only raised one other squirrel, and that Skippy was in excellent shape and almost the age the one she had when she took him to the release station. This made me realize that I was as capable to tend for him myself. They really didn't have any more experience than me. I suppose everybody is just dong the best they can. She said Skippy was very strong and healthy and very friendly. She said he was a sweetheart. I told her I missed him very much and she said I should sign the volunteer sheet and see if I could get him back and tend to him myself until the time for release (about two weeks).
    I haven't done anything yet. I don't know what to do. I have gotten my self in a real big pickle here.

tshirtlady Guest

I'm sorry to hear about Skippy. I use to raise orphans, but had a baby that had seizures and no use of her right arm. So I kept her on my huge enclosed back porch. She lived almost two years and had a seizure that unfortunately she never came out of. I had pictures of this squirrel throughout her whole life. I have uploaded a baby picture of her. She was soooooo spoiled, she actually had living trees to climb in.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.