Thread: need help with food

MMraw Guest

Unhappy need help with food

Hi, I am new at caring for squirrels but I found 3 babies who felt out of the tree a couple of weeks ago and I've been taking care of my sweeties ever since the attempts to reunite them with their mother didn't work ... My questions are about food, I've been giving them puppy milk for the past two weeks but now that they've all oppened their eyes I was curious to see if they would try any solid foods so I gave them a couple of pomegranite and I'm not sure it was a good idea. I'm scared I might have been a bad choice of fruit since one of my little boys didn't want to drink is milk afterward... I'm a little worried can anyone tell me if they are going to be okay?

Here's a picture of my little darlings

Name:  IMG_6497.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  1.06 MB

Default Re: need help with food

It will still be sometime until they wean themselves, just continue feeding them the Esbilac. I really good first food choice is a few blocks from the pet store. They will taste and nibble maybe just a little, mostly you will be throwing the block away after a few hours because they tinkle and poop on them. They probably won't start to eat any of the block until they are closer to 8 weeks old, but the block is cheap and will teach them to nibble and eat. Once they start to eat the blocks it will be time to start them on vegetables and a nutritious block to keep them supplied with the vitamins and minerals they need for health and growth.
    They are so cute and precious in the picture, all sleeping in a little family ball!
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.