Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new baby - need help

Default Re: new baby - need help

Thank you for helping this little angel! Hope she continues to improve. Is that a hard eye on the hedgehog stuffie? If so as your squirrel grows and starts torturing the stuffie it could be a potential choke hazard. You need to be careful with her toys as she gets more active.

Quote Originally Posted by pjjere View Post
    Thank you for helping this little angel! Hope she continues to improve. Is that a hard eye on the hedgehog stuffie? If so as your squirrel grows and starts torturing the stuffie it could be a potential choke hazard. You need to be careful with her toys as she gets more active.
    Being so sleep deprived I totally missed that little eye.
    Squammy to: Jordyn & Parkyr -Southern Flyers

2016 Babies - Sweet Pea & Chance

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,
    Screech, Fiona, Porgy & Bess

RIP: Itty Bitty, Rascal, Whisper

Passion4Trashin on eBay ~ Click the link below to find great deals!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passi...6044929?ref=hl
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    passionfortrashin@gmail.com
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

SO glad your little one is doing better!! such an adorable little angel. <3
    "Rutheford" (Starling) Released
    "Itsy" (Starling) Released
    "Bitsy" (Starling) Released
    "Hammie" (Squirrel) born July 2012, received Aug. 12, 2012-Dec. 2012 RIP Sweet Love
    "Lil Squirt" (Dove) Currently being Rehabilitated permanent resident
    "Little Buddy" (squirrel) born August -Received September 2, RIP sweet lil boy, September 2, 2013
    "Sammy Snuggles" (squirrel) rehabilitated, May 7th, 2014-Alive and well, with his permanent new "mommy" (2015)

I am so happy this little one is doing better. I have been very worried about her. Seeing these pics is making me think baby Lennie is a red...I had thought she was a grey until now. but she looks a lot like this little one and has the black stripe on her nose too. Think I have some more research to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Greys and foxers can both have that stripey nose.
    Reds have stubbier limbs, don't they? And to me they tend to look more pinkish longer.
    Not sure, but to me, Mavis looks like an underdeveloped grey/foxer - especially since there are no reds in mississippi.

Wow I'm so impressed with everyone life saving abilities. One thing I learned while watching my guys, mom always packed the babies in when she would leave the nest. They were always covered in leaves and fluff she found. Such a neat forum.

I'm working on getting some size reference photos BUT just had a quick question. Scale #4 is reporting 23 grams. Does this sound right? According to some of the others she's 9 and 11. This one passed the 4 quarter test too. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by IncrediblyPink View Post
    I'm working on getting some size reference photos BUT just had a quick question. Scale #4 is reporting 23 grams. Does this sound right? According to some of the others she's 9 and 11. This one passed the 4 quarter test too. 
    Let me go reweigh my quarters. Be right back.

edit: OK one time I get 22 and the other time 23 which makes perfect sense, since a quarter weighs 5.67
    and 4 weigh 22.68 grams.

Now go weigh your little girl on your 4th or 5th new scale.

Sorry. I may have been unclear. She is weighing in at 23 grams. My quarters weigh in at 21 grams. At least this one is getting closer. What is average? I know she's had a rough go of it but I would like to start heading that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Let me go reweigh my quarters. Be right back.

edit: OK one time I get 22 and the other time 23 which makes perfect sense, since a quarter weighs 5.67
    and 4 weigh 22.68 grams.

Now go weigh your little girl on your 4th or 5th new scale.
    Ya'll got my curiosity up so I weighed 4 quarters on my shipping scale and got 24 grams.

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,

http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

Sorry. I may have been unclear. She is weighing in at 23 grams. My quarters weigh in at 21 grams. At least this one is getting closer. What is average? I know she's had a rough go of it but I would like to start heading that direction.

Right now, I'm not sure what the "average" is, however there is a chart somewhere on the board.
    BUT do not be concerned with the chart for now. ALL you want is for her to keep gaining even if
    it's only a gram or two a day. Typically when they get a little heavier, they can gain between 3-8 grams daily.
    I have had some little ones open their eyes and be less than 100 grams, and my last 4 all were OVER 200 grams
    when they opened their eyes. See, it has a wide variable. She just needs to keep eating and gaining.
    (I wished someone would tell that to me! )

Amen! Would be nice if everyone could only worry about gaining. The new thing of the day is sleeping on her back with all four legs in the air. I can't tell you how many minor heart attacks this has caused me all day today; she looks dead when she does this. I wiggle her around and she's fine. Those that were wondering, the hedgehog has black thread for eyes, not plastic. Thank you for pointing that out though because it will make me more mindful in the weeks to come. Miss thing was stretching out last night when I was laying objects next to her to compare size. Of course today, no stretching. Here are a few pics for size and a collage of photos because I think it is important for everyone to see how QUICKLY things can really go down hill...even if you are trying so hard! I am still not sure how to resize pictures on here so if they are huge forgive me. Thank you all so much! This would have been a lost little one without everyone's help!
    Name:  Mavis_FACE.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  808.3 KBName:  MAvis_chapstick.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  1.02 MBName:  mavis_collage (2).jpg
Views: 95
Size:  616.6 KB

Awww!!! She is adorable!!! Yes it is amazing how fast they can go in one direction or the other. She looks so much better than she did and that little face is just too sweet!

I just resized this photo. OMG this is the cutest face EVER!
    I don't know how to resize on the board, I use photobucket or SmugMug and then
    it gives me a link, I paste the link in the post and the picture comes up when I submit.

I was trying to stay optimistic but....
    Seeing how she is coming along just made my night!
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

If you open your pictures with paint you can resize them. Then just upload to TSB

Forgot to mention, if she is sleeping on her back, it sounds to me like she is pretty darned content!
    I love when they sleep on their back, that is a vulnerable position for a little squirrel, so she knows she's safe.

I am not sure if I need to start a new thread but I have several questions and thank goodness they are not life threatening. Miss Mavis has tiny tiny teeth coming in and has a MAJOR attitude. Thursday she started having less poop. Friday she was constipated all day. I gave her watered apple juice and even soaked in warm water and massaged her. Finally we had poop! Since then, she is pooping but not the amount she has been before. I am not sure if it is because she is growing so much or what. She lives in our bathroom in her box. (We have other pets and its the warmest room in our house; we keep it cool) I run warm water for pottying time. It is to the point that if someone turns the water on to wash their hands she starts making chirping and squealing noises; I guess she thinks its potty time??? She puts up a MAJOR fight when it really is pottying time. I think that is why she is not having normal amounts of poop. I've tried to be super easy, thinking she may be sore; that doesn't help. She is up to 40 grams today (She is gaining several grams each day) and I have been feeding her 2cc. She still acts hungry but I'm scared to feed her 6% or 7% because of constipation or getting bloat. Any pointers would be great! I didn't know if this is kind of llike the squirrel terrible two's or what.

I am not sure if I need to start a new thread but I have several questions and thank goodness they are not life threatening. Miss Mavis has tiny tiny teeth coming in and has a MAJOR attitude. Thursday she started having less poop. Friday she was constipated all day. I gave her watered apple juice and even soaked in warm water and massaged her. Finally we had poop! Since then, she is pooping but not the amount she has been before. I am not sure if it is because she is growing so much or what. She lives in our bathroom in her box. (We have other pets and its the warmest room in our house; we keep it cool) I run warm water for pottying time. It is to the point that if someone turns the water on to wash their hands she starts making chirping and squealing noises; I guess she thinks its potty time??? She puts up a MAJOR fight when it really is pottying time. I think that is why she is not having normal amounts of poop. I've tried to be super easy, thinking she may be sore; that doesn't help. She is up to 40 grams today (She is gaining several grams each day) and I have been feeding her 2cc. She still acts hungry but I'm scared to feed her 6% or 7% because of constipation or getting bloat. Any pointers would be great! I didn't know if this is kind of llike the squirrel terrible two's or what.
    What are you feeding her?

Quote Originally Posted by ALittleNutty View Post
    What are you feeding her?
    She is still on the Esbilac with probiotics. Should I be adding something else at this point or is that several weeks down the road?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast