Thread: Anyone near New Milford, CT

Default Anyone near New Milford, CT

This is the email that I sent to the DEEP. I just thought in case anyone on here happens along, I would post it here too.
    "Well, I got my first call from the listing on the DEEP list today. I went and got the baby and the story is that a workman brought it home after seeing the mom be killed by a car. This baby is no more than 5 weeks old and it had to have been being carried by mom when she was hit and killed. This is breaking my heart for others that are surely out there having lost their mom either before or after the litter was moved to a new location. The address he was found is 24 So. Main St., in New Milford. I wondered if maybe an email could go to anyone who might be in the area and able to go and listen for babies calling mom. I am probably being silly, but it was a thought. With babies to feed and work, I am not able to go to do it myself or I would do it gladly."
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Default Re: Anyone near New Milford, CT

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    This is the email that I sent to the DEEP. I just thought in case anyone on here happens along, I would post it here too.
    "Well, I got my first call from the listing on the DEEP list today. I went and got the baby and the story is that a workman brought it home after seeing the mom be killed by a car. This baby is no more than 5 weeks old and it had to have been being carried by mom when she was hit and killed. This is breaking my heart for others that are surely out there having lost their mom either before or after the litter was moved to a new location. The address he was found is 24 So. Main St., in New Milford. I wondered if maybe an email could go to anyone who might be in the area and able to go and listen for babies calling mom. I am probably being silly, but it was a thought. With babies to feed and work, I am not able to go to do it myself or I would do it gladly."
    I think you would be better off putting up some posters.
    ONLY because how will they have email addresses of people in the area? AND how in the heck
    are they going to word that email?

I mean to email to their emailing list. The ones that I get all of the time...

Gayle can you look on the CWRA list and see who is near New Milford, and give them a call?

Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

I thought there might be other people who are not on the published list. I was one of those until Friday...

It is a shot in the dark. I just thought that someone might possibly come on here who is nearby. Not to worry...

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    I mean to email to their emailing list. The ones that I get all of the time...

Oh my mistake, I thought you meant just random people living in the vicinity.
    Oh that is a great idea, especially if there are rehabber in the area. Hey you never
    know perhaps some one will come on the board from that area looking for help.
    Stranger things have happened.

Well, the DEEP forwarded me an email from the people who went to the address and adjoining homes as well to look for babies. None were found.
    On a positive note, I thought the DEEP did a great job of finding and sending someone to the address as soon as I requested it. Three cheers for the CT DEEP!!!

One is saved. That's one little live saved--a win. By the grace of God there were no others. Kudos to DEEP!