Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foot Caught in Cage

Default Re: Foot Caught in Cage

Hopefully you were able to get in touch with Crystal. I have used metacam as well, not sure on the otc stuff. Generally to injuries heal (although sometimes they do need to be removed by a vet.) How is he this morning?
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

never-never land (but really New Hampshire)

Just wondering how your baby is doing this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by joyceb11 View Post
    Yes, me too! How is Jax?
    I was also curious if you got any info on the Ibupropen. Can flyers use it for pain?

One thing I did think about ... Be careful ... watch him about chewing his foot. He might remove the toe but we don't want him to become obsessed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy1264 View Post
    Hopefully you were able to get in touch with Crystal. I have used metacam as well, not sure on the otc stuff. Generally to injuries heal (although sometimes they do need to be removed by a vet.) How is he this morning?
    Jax is doing MUCH better! Thanks to everyone on TSB! And Crystal of course Crystal told me a few things to do to help save his toe. I was soaking his foot in warm water for the swelling and applying Neosporin to his toe for a couple of minutes 3 times a day and wiping it off so he wont lick it. I noticed it helped and took away the redness and helped heal the gash on his toe. His toe looks great. There is a small scab on it which is healing everyday! He has an appointment for the Vet in a couple of days they will check to see how his foot is. Crystal was a great help. I wouldnt have been able to save his little toe without her! Jax says I will post some before and after pictures

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Yes, me too! How is Jax?
    I was also curious if you got any info on the Ibupropen. Can flyers use it for pain?

One thing I did think about ... Be careful ... watch him about chewing his foot. He might remove the toe but we don't want him to become obsessed with it.
    Jax is doing MUCH better! Thanks to everyone on TSB! And Crystal of course Crystal told me a few things to do to help save his toe. I was soaking his foot in warm water for the swelling and applying Neosporin to his toe for a couple of minutes 3 times a day and wiping it off so he wont lick it. I noticed it helped and took away the redness and helped heal the gash on his toe. His toe looks great. There is a small scab on it which is healing everyday! He has an appointment for the Vet in a couple of days they will check to see how his foot is. Crystal was a great help. I wouldnt have been able to save his little toe without her! Jax says I will post some before and after pictures. Crystal did inform me about him wanting to chew his foot. Luckily, he did not get into that habit. We are taking it day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by joyceb11 View Post
    Jax is doing MUCH better! Thanks to everyone on TSB! And Crystal of course Crystal told me a few things to do to help save his toe. I was soaking his foot in warm water for the swelling and applying Neosporin to his toe for a couple of minutes 3 times a day and wiping it off so he wont lick it. I noticed it helped and took away the redness and helped heal the gash on his toe. His toe looks great. There is a small scab on it which is healing everyday! He has an appointment for the Vet in a couple of days they will check to see how his foot is. Crystal was a great help. I wouldnt have been able to save his little toe without her! Jax says I will post some before and after pictures

Awesome. I'm so glad.

never-never land (but really New Hampshire)

So glad to hear he is doing good

Great news!!! I'm so happy for you and Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    I have used Suncoast Cages before for Sugar Gliders & Flyers --they are AWESOME!!
    http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage.htm
    Is there anything without the wheels on the bottom? OR can you remove it. I dont have space for it right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12