Thread: more mange

catmom5 Guest

Default more mange

I have written in the past about treating my squirrels with the equine ivermectin paste on walnuts. It has worked beautifully, but I have a guy now who has a really awful case of mange. He has more skin than fur and seems to be pretty exhausted. I got the first dose of ivermectin in him yesterday (Friday) and will get him more next Friday. My question is how long it takes to start working. I had hoped to see some improvement in a few days, but don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't happen. He's a sweet thing and comes at the same time every day. The biggest problem is to keep him here when I go out. Sometimes he runs off a bit, but has always come back. Anyway, how soon should I start to see some changes?
    Thanks

Default Re: more mange

I think the redness should go away within a week or two, hair regrowth in maybe three. At first, the skin looks dark but it's the start of hair.

Default Re: more mange

YOU ARE NOT LIKELY TO SEE MUCH IMPROVEMENT UNTIL IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR DOSE #3...THAT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE, ANYWAY. GOOD LUCK WITH HIM. I'VE ALWAYS HAD EXCELLENT RESULTS WITH IVERMECTIN.
    " For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Henry Beston

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.