Thread: Gracies Story

virgo062 Guest

Default Gracies Story

Gracy came to us around Christmas after being hit by a car...My aunt thought she was dead on the road and just got out to move her off the road...Then she moved My aunt brought her to us...gracie is a grown female who we think may be OMG...PREGNANT
    Very strange mannerisms...She stays in her house with every blanet she can find dragged on top of her. The only time we see her out is when she eats (very little) and poops. Rick usually has to hand feed her...The problem is her belly it keeps getting bigger and bigger. No signs of boobies yet so my question is.....How do we tell if she is indeed pregnant? We have felt her belly and think we feel some hardness...Just not sure. I am wondering if she will get bobbies after she delivers? She was not this fat when we got her and she does not eat enough to be gaining this much weight. We get her out a few times a day and she just sits in our lap....Never trys to get away....Does not bite us...Pretty sure she is not releaseable but time will tell. She is twice the size of Knothead. Like a big giant fat squirrel....Anyone here ever rehabbed a pregnant squirrel?

Default Re: Gracies Story

What a lucky girl she is Virgo!!! Thank goodness your aunt was so thoughtful! I am not sure about the nipples, but maybe a picture of her from a few angles would help? Any chance of that? I know it is a bit unseemly, but maybe some "boobie pics" are in order?
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

virgo, great to see you with us. Listen, dumb question but are you SURE she is peeing? When a squirrel's bladder is not functioning properly they blow up quickly....she may need her bladder to be expressed. I remember thinking the same thing about Krista the first few days I had her -- gee, she wasn't eating THAT much to be getting so round....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

virgo062 Guest

Yes she is peeing....But possibly not enough...I will have to check on that one. Rick takes care of her so I will ask him how often she is going

virgo062 Guest

Rick says she pee's about once a day

If she is preggers, the nipples won't appear until a few days before she actually gives birth, so she very well could be. But yes, the peeing thing could cause it as well (although I would think if it were the peeing you would know, as she would be in pain, I would think.)
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.