Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The DUDE is NOT Well--Please look and advise !!!!!!

Default Re: The DUDE is NOT Well--Please look and advise !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlegs View Post
    awwwwww Dude! Feel better buddy. Aunt Jackie will tell Mom and Dad how to make you feel better. Bunches of healing vibes comin your way
    Hi C.L.,
    Poor Dude--He HATES his MEDS !
    and he has a full week-twice a day --to go.
    He's gonna start hating me. I'd better let RamaMama do the next few doses...Ha! ( just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman62 View Post
    Can't offer any help, but sending healing prayers for The Dude! Get well soon precious one!
    Hi Duckman--
    Thanks for the Well-Wishes...
    The DUDE needs it....

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySquirrelLady View Post
    NOOOO!!!!! coconut water makes DIARRHEA..... don't need that. it is a natural laxative.

The Dude was thirsty, around noon, and I gave him about 20 cc of hydration fluids , by syringe. Then I gave him ( snuck in) the syringe dose of the Metro. It must be terrible tasting. He ran his mouth along everything in his path, trying to loose the taste. I tried about 10 different times, after that, to get him to take more hydration fluids, with NO LUCK, and now he thinks every syringe is a Bad Tasting syringe. I even tried straight sugar water and then I tried Fox valley He refused all.

I guess tomorrow's Metro doses--are gonna be a Grab-Him & force feed.

I need SUGGESTIONS for additional MEDS and Hydration ?????????????

Aww Cruiser get well soon Try not to worry too much Stosh and Rama Mama (yeah right, I know) You've got the best "squirrel minds" in the world working on this well you know what I mean Sending love and healing vibes
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

Sending healing vibes for the little Dude and a hug to daddy who is visibly and understandably upset

My 2 fall babies just finished a bout of cox, Ben 1st, then Angie, then again Ben. Make sure to clean everything and keep whatever is Dude's far from Rama. I suspect Ben got reinfected after Angie got it. They both are OK now - were treated with Baycox (I do know that is not available everywhere).

As for helping with the taste of the meds, stosh, I was dipping the tip of the syringe in maple syrup, just so they would lick that off the plastic tip of the syringe and when they did, I'd push the plunger and poop the meds in their mouths. If they still made a face, I would just dip the syringe again.

It's not enough sugar to make the runs worse, I don't put any inside the syringe, I just dip the syringe in it so they get the scent and the sugary maple taste on their lips. Worked every time, and I'm sure table syrup would work just as well.

Get well soon Dude, daddy wants you to feel good again.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

must be a full time job deleting my posts...................

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySquirrelLady View Post
    must be a full time job deleting my posts...................
    Not full time. However, keeping this Board professional when it needs to be, with posts appropriate to the tone of the thread in question, IS lately becoming at least a part-time job. Stosh and Rosie need clear, accurate information right now, so please let us all keep the silliness in Off Topics where they belong.
    Administration

sure thing Stacey

so so sorry Stosh, I will shut up.

Stosh send prayers your way. Come on cruiser get better

I have been really worried ALL DAY about my little DUDE.
    Since his 1 pm meds dose...he hasn't eaten or drank anything.
    So I woke him at 8 pm (unusual) to hydrate him. I had to burrito-wrap him and forced about 5 cc into him..and spilled about 4 more all over his paws & chest.
    He is ONE ----UNHAPPY Dude.
    Say a prayer Tomorrow is better for him. I spent over an hour wiping down all the limbs in the TREE ROOM, because he pooped on some of them, and all of the CREW go in there( one at a time ). Now that they are disinfected...I can't let him in there. He will be BUMMED when I isolate him from the Tree Room.

I know there are many TSB prayers headed to CR tonight and always. Poor sweet boy...we all hope he feels better in the morning.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Aw, poor little Dude. Hoping he wakes up tomorrow feeling much, much better... and you and Ramamama, too.

Garden71 Guest

I really hope Dude feels better soon. I'm very sorry you both have to go through this.

HOPING FOR A BETTER DAY TOMORROW!!!
    " For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Henry Beston

Quote Originally Posted by stosh2010 View Post
    He is ONE ----UNHAPPY Dude.
    Say a prayer Tomorrow is better for him.
    Reading and watching... Many prayers coming your way!
    Still hopeing it's something he ate and just not cleared yet.
    So sorry, hope tomorrow turns him around.

First, give the meds fast. P HATED it OMG and the SMZ doesn't even taste bad...I would grab him, wrap him up with my whole body (I would crouch above him and just totally gather him under me, syringe in mouth, shoot and let go, then I would IMMEDIATELY give him a favorite treat - usually a nut. He would wipe and wipe and make sure I knew just how upset he was, but he took that treat and within a couple minutes he was my buddy again.

I think it is important to not present it like a syringe that he drinks from - P didn't even see what got shoved in his mouth because I was grabbing him and administering from behind him, not waving it in front of his face. So grab, shove, shoot and release!

That sounds vaguely obscene...

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    First, give the meds fast. P HATED it OMG and the SMZ doesn't even taste bad...I would grab him, wrap him up with my whole body (I would crouch above him and just totally gather him under me, syringe in mouth, shoot and let go, then I would IMMEDIATELY give him a favorite treat - usually a nut. He would wipe and wipe and make sure I knew just how upset he was, but he took that treat and within a couple minutes he was my buddy again.

I think it is important to not present it like a syringe that he drinks from - P didn't even see what got shoved in his mouth because I was grabbing him and administering from behind him, not waving it in front of his face. So grab, shove, shoot and release!

That sounds vaguely obscene...
    . Hope the dude gets better soon!
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Stosh, do you have any probiotics of any kind? Both my babies seemed to go around in circles - I mean the diarrhea kept coming and going - until I started giving them the Benebac between meds. The lousy thing about cox is that it locates itself in the pockets of the bowels so you think things are getting better and the next bowel movement it's loose or liquid poop again. I know the chances of you having some Benebac on hand must be purty low but any other sort will help.

Anyone squeamish best you don't read on...

If at least some of his bowel movements seem to have some decent poop in there then you're on the way up. The ABs are so hard on their little GI tracts, poor things. My little girl was passing complete liquid, I mean yellow mucous that just ran... I thought she was peeing and it came from her little rectum (BTW if it gets to that you really have to make sure the little Dude doesn't dehydrate). But then, once I started giving the probiotic she seemed to start improving within a day or 2. Just speaking from my very recent experience, hoping these suggestions can help :/

Dude, sweetheart, get better, and quick darling. Your daddy is worried about you, and so is all of TSB.

Stosh, Rama Mama: Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly and change clothes before you get in contact with Rama or any other. Also see that the bedding is changed after each bowel movement; you don't want the little guy to recontaminate himself.

Damn cox... it sucks big time. It's the pits!!!!
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast