Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BABY FLYER TOOK FROM CAT

Default Re: BABY FLYER TOOK FROM CAT

They are all still eating great, play pouching on each other. They are doing wonderful. I found myself checking the yard, sheds, just trying to figure out where these babies came from. I have not seen the cat back around my house, I got him with the water hose. here are their weighs today. I lost the weigh I wrote down yesterday

Lucy 22.8 grams
    Lula 24.0 grams
    Luke 23.2 grams
    Lion 22.1 grams (he growls @ me)

Glad to hear that! You would be amazed at some of the places a flyer will build a nest. Have you started any meds? Maybe the cat got the mom and they came out looking for her when they got hungry. How much are they taking at each feeding? Keep a close watch on the weights to make sure they are gaining steady. I weigh every day to every other day and mine were averaging a 1-2 gram per day gain.
    Squammy to: Jordyn & Parkyr -Southern Flyers

2016 Babies - Sweet Pea & Chance

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,
    Screech, Fiona, Porgy & Bess

RIP: Itty Bitty, Rascal, Whisper

Passion4Trashin on eBay ~ Click the link below to find great deals!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passi...6044929?ref=hl
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    passionfortrashin@gmail.com
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

My sister did not have any meds left over but Uni i think is going to send me some, they are all fine but in case I ever run into this again I would like to have meds on hand. My boss said I could have the scales because we dont use them anymore. Since they are taking the formula good should I start them on blocks?

Uni is great! She is the one who gave me my boys a few weeks ago. It would be better to have the meds on hand so that at the first sign of trouble there is no loss of time. Even with experience and meds on hand they can be lost fast! She lost her precious Zara and had a hard struggle to pull Rayne through the same thing. It's so hard when you lose one.

Great boss letting you keep the scale!

Yes, you can go ahead and put the blocks in. At first they may not do anything but pee on them or just shred them but then they will start eating them. At this point nothing but formula and blocks should be offered as blocks will be one of the most important parts of their future diet plan. ONLY after they are eating the blocks for several weeks do you start adding veggies. Offer formula as long as they will take it. Some will take it even as adults, my Rascal loved it. If they do stop taking it you can always mix the FV powder into yogurt to add calcium which is essential. We often want to spoil them with treats of fruit or nuts too soon and then we end up with SPOILED "brats" who won't eat their veggies or blocks. It's like giving a human child candy and then expecting them to eat spinach and you know how that turns out. Flyers will also need protein in the form or meal or wax worms, cooked egg whites, chicken cooked without seasonings and they can even have a small bone to gnaw on.

Here is the link to the diet sticky in the Flyer Forum under Breed Specific. http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ying-Squirrels
    Squammy to: Jordyn & Parkyr -Southern Flyers

2016 Babies - Sweet Pea & Chance

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,
    Screech, Fiona, Porgy & Bess

RIP: Itty Bitty, Rascal, Whisper

Passion4Trashin on eBay ~ Click the link below to find great deals!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passi...6044929?ref=hl
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    passionfortrashin@gmail.com
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

Their eyes have probably just opened within the last day or two.
    They're still a bit young for solid foods.
    Offering a small bit of nut or apple, won't hurt them a bit. Go ahead and do it.
    Please remember, you still must feed them on a regular basis.
    They really won't be ready for solids for a few more weeks.

I have not offered them any solids yet I am waiting on my HHB, I did lay a branch in there for them to play on and chew on. They seem to love it.

I started these babies a new thread in the nursery if anyone has any advice I will listen... Thank you so much for all your help

Lucy, Lula, Luke and Little Lion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123