Thread: Food question

Default Food question

My guy is getting finicky with the formula now. Hes eating only half of what he normally does and then scampers off into his big new world to explore. I will grab him occasionally or allow him to climb on me and try to weasel some food into him that way but he really seems disinterested. Another friend of mine who actually has 2 more babies has told me they like cherioos. I did give him one to nibble on last night. I held onto it of course. I didnt want him to try to eat it all and it get stuck Ive offered broccoli and even tree stems with leaves. Hes not interested. Any alternate foods you suggest while in limbo waiting for the blocks? Hes now at 115 gms. But I dont want him to go hungry, input please?

Default Re: Food question

How old is he? Lots of people use Cheerios as initial filler food but if you could pick up some cheaper blocks at the pet store like Kaytee Forti Diet or Mazuri, that might be better.

Hes about 6-7 wks old I think now. The blocks hopefully should be here tomorrow. I know he wants something hard to chew on. Last night I was playing with him and he was trying to nibble on my finger like teething. He did eat half of a cherioos last night I think he likes harder foods for his teef

Quote Originally Posted by farrelli View Post
    How old is he? Lots of people use Cheerios as initial filler food but if you could pick up some cheaper blocks at the pet store like Kaytee Forti Diet or Mazuri, that might be better.

This is about the age I add vanilla yogurt to the FV to help entice my squirrels to continue to drink it --it usually works.