Thread: Expressing a squirrel's bladder video

Default Expressing a squirrel's bladder video

Default Re: Expressing a squirrel's bladder video

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Very good video and cute model.
    Kat, owned by Andi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMNuKWPnTQ

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Awesome video. I just did this with Lucy and it worked great. Until we can get a handle on this rash or urine burn?? I'm going to try this that way she's not peeing on herself.

Default Update on Parker

Thank you SOOOOOO much for the video. I talked to Sweeper--she had a paralyzed squirrel years back and had to express her bladder. I think this technique is easier and best of all, IT WORKED

He was full of pee so I bet he was mighty uncomfortable. He'd peed on himself some--not much but definitely wet. Good thing I keep baby wipes on hand. He's less freaked out to see me and the room is kept dim and is quiet except for the sound of the AC. It's cool in there but he has a heating pad under part of his bin. I didn't get a larger bin for him today but I have a short nap bathmat. Would one of those waterproof pads used for elderly folks work? AND his poops are more like poops and less like rocks. He seems brighter somehow and he eats--always pecan first. Everything is gone in the morning so that's good.

Here's Mr. Parker T. Squirrel. I don't see movement in his legs and tail but they're not just laying there like logs so that's good. I think he's all around more comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Update on Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlegs View Post
    Thank you SOOOOOO much for the video. I talked to Sweeper--she had a paralyzed squirrel years back and had to express her bladder. I think this technique is easier and best of all, IT WORKED

He was full of pee so I bet he was mighty uncomfortable. He'd peed on himself some--not much but definitely wet. Good thing I keep baby wipes on hand. He's less freaked out to see me and the room is kept dim and is quiet except for the sound of the AC. It's cool in there but he has a heating pad under part of his bin. I didn't get a larger bin for him today but I have a short nap bathmat. Would one of those waterproof pads used for elderly folks work? AND his poops are more like poops and less like rocks. He seems brighter somehow and he eats--always pecan first. Everything is gone in the morning so that's good.

Here's Mr. Parker T. Squirrel. I don't see movement in his legs and tail but they're not just laying there like logs so that's good. I think he's all around more comfortable.
    Fantastic update.
    His little legs are somewhat "tucked" in now and not splayed out, Parker looks SO much better and more relaxed!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure if those pads are like the dog pads that we DON'T recommend. I think the ones that are harmful are made in China, so you might want to check that out.
    I think that any type of heavy mat will work, as he won't be able to "scotch" it up quite as easily.
    Do you have enough of the pred? Give me your address if you need an extra one.

Yesterday (Mar.21, 2015) I was handed a paralyzed young C.R. squirrel. 157 grams.
    back legs and tail--show no response...but no visible pain either.
    I tried to duplicate this video...with the result of two drops after 15 minutes. And they were 10 minutes between drops.
    I will stimulate after each feeding and may try a warm soak...if no urine after 12 hours.
    Will warm water help if they are paralyzed??? Will they even feel the water on the lower half.??
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

LINK to my paralyzed squirrel-below:

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...nfo&highlight=

Jannie Guest

How long do we have to do it? Mine is around 5 weeks old and poops by himself. Does it mean that I don't have to do it? Thanks!