Thread: Georgia Rehabber Needed (North of Perimeter around 575)

Default Georgia Rehabber Needed (North of Perimeter around 575)

Good morning!

Yesterday one of my workers brought me a baby gray squirrel. His eyes appear to have just opened, so I am assuming he is about 5 weeks old. (He is too small to be older than that.) He appears to be o.k. despite a really rough 24 hours.

They were taking a tree down at a friends house and there was a nest. The siblings ran off up another tree but this little guy got thrown in the back of the truck with all the wood when he hid in a hollow log. When they found him they put him in a box and brought him to me. Taking him back and leaving him for mama to get isn't an option - the yard they found him in has two large dogs that usually roam free and homeowners are not nature friendly.

He does not appear to have any injuries, is alert, moving o.k. etc... seems skinny but not dehydrated - maybe he's the runt. He will eat but not very willingly.

I am able to foster until a rehaber is avail. and willing to transport. I have him safe and warm (half on heating pad) and feeding goats milk w/ syringe. He had 4-5 yesterday/last night and 1.5-2 this morning. Have not seen him poop or pee yet I am working towards getting my Georgia Wildlife Lic. but have not completed this yet and have a little past experience so able to foster for a little bit but would like to get this guy to someone with others his age.

Default Re: Georgia Rehabber Needed (North of Perimeter around 575)

~bump~