Thread: Night feedings

Default Night feedings

At what age can I stop feeding my baby at night and just let her sleep through? As of now she is still on 4-5 hour feedings. She is approx 7 almost 8 weeks old.

Default Re: Night feedings

I give them there last feeding around 11:00. Then back at it around 6am . I am sure other with more experience will pipe in.

How old are yours?

Bronco is 4/5 weeks Payton is 5/6 weeks and Denver is 6/7 weeks. I still feed though the night with these guys because bronco is still so young . But in the past once they reach 7/8 weeks is when I let them go longer. Hope this helps

It does, thanks. I was just
    Concerned about dehydration or some kind diabetic shock from her sugar levels dropping or something. She is my first rescue. Her brother and sister didn't make it so I am a little overly concerned about her well being.

Once they reach 6 weeks old you can skip the one night feeding as mentioned above...... then start right back up with the feeding as soon as you wake up early in the morning. By the time your baby is 8 weeks old you can start to introduce them to the HHB squirrel blocks. Give them a few weeks to get use to the flavor of the blocks and of eating them every morning before you introduce other healthy foods, such as vegetables and wild plants.