Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gave baby Esbilac before I realized it was rancid HELP! TAMPA, FL

Default Re: Gave baby Esbilac before I realized it was rancid HELP! TAMPA, FL

Gantheia
    I work in Temple Terrace (on the campus of USF). I can bring supplies tomorrow if you would like. I have FoxValley 32/40, proper syringes and nipples that I would be happy to share. You can start with the Goat milk formula and Jackie can tell you when to transition to the FV 32/40. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you contact information. In case I don't link up with you tonight, I will bring the supplies to work tomorrow, just in case.

Be VERY careful with that eye dropper!!! It is very easy to aspirate them (get fluid in their lungs) with an eye dropper. If that happens he will get pneumonia.

I am at work from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM. If you could pick up the syringe/nipple during the day, it would be better than waiting until I get off work.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

thank you ashton and grace for rescueing baby Euclid
    everything fell into place....meant to be... thank you!
    She's doing well with her new brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa View Post
    Euclid is a street near my home...are you in south tampa?
    Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Gantheia
    I work in Temple Terrace (on the campus of USF). I can bring supplies tomorrow if you would like. I have FoxValley 32/40, proper syringes and nipples that I would be happy to share. You can start with the Goat milk formula and Jackie can tell you when to transition to the FV 32/40. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you contact information. In case I don't link up with you tonight, I will bring the supplies to work tomorrow, just in case.

Be VERY careful with that eye dropper!!! It is very easy to aspirate them (get fluid in their lungs) with an eye dropper. If that happens he will get pneumonia.

I am at work from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM. If you could pick up the syringe/nipple during the day, it would be better than waiting until I get off work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Checking in...... how is our little one doing? Have you gotten the GM and yogurt yet?
    I am in Lakeland and Jackie is in Tampa if you need our help.

Hey everyone!

After seeing how wonderfully Jackie takes care of all her animals, I reluctantly gave little Euclid up.

She turned out to be a girl and I will miss her so dearly. As a student, I know this is the best thing for her. However, she was like my child for a day. I was surprised how quickly I became attached.

Thank you for all your wonderful help. I would recommend Jackie to anyone, she has a squirrel sanctuary over there.

After Euclid got fed, Jackie put her with some pinkie boys who she immediately snuggled up to and I knew I had made the right choice. My baby needs to be raised with other squirrels. I'm gonna visit often and bring organic vegetables.

<3
    Glad I found this website and all of the amazing people on it!

Gantheia, you are a most wonderful, intelligent, loving person and I am so glad that you found us. You've done an extraordinary thing: rescued this tiny little being, kept her alive and safe and warm until you could bring her to probably the best squirrel person anywhere. You researched, you decided, and you followed through -- I predict that you will be a very happy, successful person for life. If only all squirrel finders were like you.

Someday, when you've finished school, if maybe you're working from home or even much later on when you've got the time, you might return to this feeling when you had little Euclid and become a wildlife rehabilitator. Jackie in Tampa will be still rehabbing, I'm sure, and she'll welcome the help.
    Great job!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

dr3am (10-14-2018)

Garden71 Guest

Gantheia

Quote Originally Posted by Garden71 View Post
    Gantheia
    DITTO FROM HERE...HAPPY ENDING (BEGINNING)!!!
    " For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Henry Beston

Quote Originally Posted by Gantheia View Post

Hey everyone!

After seeing how wonderfully Jackie takes care of all her animals, I reluctantly gave little Euclid up.

She turned out to be a girl and I will miss her so dearly. As a student, I know this is the best thing for her. However, she was like my child for a day. I was surprised how quickly I became attached.

Thank you for all your wonderful help. I would recommend Jackie to anyone, she has a squirrel sanctuary over there.

After Euclid got fed, Jackie put her with some pinkie boys who she immediately snuggled up to and I knew I had made the right choice. My baby needs to be raised with other squirrels. I'm gonna visit often and bring organic vegetables.

<3

As island rehabber said, you are one of the most amazing finders
    to come on the board in a while.
    You loved your little one enough to give her the best possible chance.
    You put her first, thank you!
    She couldn't be in better hands.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

dr3am (10-14-2018)

Hey everyone!

<3

awwwww what a happy ending/beginning for a baby girl whou now has 2 bothers and a wonderful caregiver.. Jackie.. you are right she is very good and your new baby is in wonderful hands.

Thank you for all your wonderful help.
    I would recommend Jackie to anyone, she has a squirrel sanctuary over there.

You are singing to the Choir here.................. Jackie is the BEST!!
    I LoVe visiting "Aunt Jackie's" place as often as I can......

Hey everyone!

<3

This is awesome! Really made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Gantheia, you are a most wonderful, intelligent, loving person and I am so glad that you found us. You've done an extraordinary thing: rescued this tiny little being, kept her alive and safe and warm until you could bring her to probably the best squirrel person anywhere. You researched, you decided, and you followed through
    Gantheia

Great story! I love reading these stories especially when they have a happy ending!
    Jackie, I have a cousin now who lives in clearwater and whenever we go visit, we definitely want to come visit if that's okay. Would love to see your squirrel sanctuary!
    Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Gantheia, you are a most wonderful, intelligent, loving person and I am so glad that you found us. You've done an extraordinary thing: rescued this tiny little being, kept her alive and safe and warm until you could bring her to probably the best squirrel person anywhere. You researched, you decided, and you followed through -- I predict that you will be a very happy, successful person for life. If only all squirrel finders were like you.

Someday, when you've finished school, if maybe you're working from home or even much later on when you've got the time, you might return to this feeling when you had little Euclid and become a wildlife rehabilitator. Jackie in Tampa will be still rehabbing, I'm sure, and she'll welcome the help.
    Great job!

Thank you so much, this means a lot coming from the admin of the site. Squirrel daddy and I couldn't be happier that Euclid is safe. Your kind words give me hope. This site gives me hope. There are people out there who care for something other than themselves. Living in Tampa, it is rare to see. So THANK YOU and farewell for now. If I can ever be of service, please don't hesitate to contact me. Jackie has my number.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden71 View Post
    Gantheia
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    DITTO FROM HERE...HAPPY ENDING (BEGINNING)!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post

As island rehabber said, you are one of the most amazing finders
    to come on the board in a while.
    You loved your little one enough to give her the best possible chance.
    You put her first, thank you!
    She couldn't be in better hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtartell View Post
    awwwww what a happy ending/beginning for a baby girl whou now has 2 bothers and a wonderful caregiver.. Jackie.. you are right she is very good and your new baby is in wonderful hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    You are singing to the Choir here.................. Jackie is the BEST!!
    I LoVe visiting "Aunt Jackie's" place as often as I can......
    Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    This is awesome! Really made my day!

Gantheia
    Quote Originally Posted by virginia_arce2280 View Post
    Great story! I love reading these stories especially when they have a happy ending!
    Jackie, I have a cousin now who lives in clearwater and whenever we go visit, we definitely want to come visit if that's okay. Would love to see your squirrel sanctuary!
    Great job!

Thank you to everyone. I came back to this thread and all of your love and group hugs and EVERYTHING made me all warm and fuzzy. What a great community you have all established on the interwebs! Like I said, it gives me hope for the future that we won't live in a selfish world but a world that will help innocent little helpless creatures because WE have the abilities and resources to! YAY GO SQUIRREL BOARD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa View Post
    Euclid is a street near my home...are you in south tampa?

Hey Jackie,
    How is little Euclid doing?

Did she make it?
    Is there anything I can do to help?
    The farm will have its first harvest in a few weeks and I will bring as much as I can to your sanctuary.

LOVE~~

Hey Everyone!! I have another 2 baby squirrels in critical condition!! I am going to start a new forum but I lost the contact info for the Tampa Squirrel Lady I went to before. Please help!

If you are on Facebook, you can find her as Jackie Bedford.
    I will alert another Tampa area member to come here, also, and hopefully help you.

EDIT: I just did it for you. Can you PM me your tel # or email so that I can pass it along?
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

I offered supplies... going to bed now. I hope these littles are safe and sound 💕

19. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Sottinger:

cava (10-14-2018), HRT4SQRLS (10-14-2018), TubeDriver (10-14-2018)

Update: reached JIT through FB, JIT called Gantheia (still had her number) and the babies are on their way to a rehabber safe and sound.

Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

21. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

cava (10-14-2018), dr3am (10-14-2018), Mel1959 (10-14-2018), Nancy in New York (10-14-2018)

It's amazing to me to see all the love, care and effort that goes into helping lost babies get back on a path to their homes again...all of ya'll are so awesome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12