Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unlikely friends

Default Re: Unlikely friends

Clark,

One more thing...here is a thread where someone gave a member their squirrels over in order to provide a nice soft release. You can read about the process and see what a soft release cage looks like.

Link:

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...999#post916999

Scooter is gone.
    He died between 0230 and 1000. I went to check on him and his tuke didn't move. Usually, he would launch out of his tuke at the sound of my voice. As I type, tears stream down my face. My soul is crushed. I don't know what killed him. We just played and played the day before and he was as healthy as a horse. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him. He simply died in his sleep with his little head between his paws like always.
    I want to thank everyone who helped me with him when I was squirrel ignorant. There were several but the one I consulted most was Step-n-stone (I think that was his handle). Thank you all for putting up with my ignorance. I stopped coming to the board because I didn't want to be 'found out' by the Fish and Game people who would, apparently, take him and euthanize him which I still don't understand.
    I have been a hunter since I was old enough to carry a gun. I can say unequivocally that a squirrel is THE most paranoid and skittish animal in the forest. That is why I was perpetually amazed that this animal would seek me out for affection. I would let him out in the morning after our breakfast and he would run around the house. Then he would invariably come and climb into the bed with me. We would wrestle a bit (he loved that and I have a video I hope I can find) then he would let me pet him and he would raise up his arm and I would rub his shoulder joint. These times touched my very soul. It was as if me and "rabbit" (I renamed him somewhere down the line) were the only two in the world. I believe he made me a better man. A rodent made me a better man (the Lord definitely works in mysterious ways).
    The Lord put him in my life for four years and I expected at least 6 more. That is why it came as such a shock. My first thought was "I wonder if I will see him again in heaven"? It made me feel like a little kid and I thought I was losing it. I appreciate you folks putting up with me one last time. I knew y'all could understand where I am coming from where no one else can. Peace,

3. 9 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to clark5113:

Bravo (02-21-2017), California Squirrel Lover (02-22-2017), island rehabber (02-21-2017), KarmaKay (02-20-2017), Mel1959 (02-21-2017), RockySweetums (02-23-2017), stepnstone (02-20-2017), TubeDriver (02-21-2017)

Oh Clark I'm so very sorry to read this.
    I take comfort in knowing that little Scooter
    was loved, and happy. I hope you do as well.
    They seem to get inside us, and take a huge part
    of us when they have to leave.

We know the emptiness and the heartache that comes
    with loving a little one that most likely will leave before
    us, yet we open our hearts anyway.

I'm so very sorry that you lost your little Buddy.

Rest in Peace
    Precious Scooter/("rabbit")Name:  dove2.gif
Views: 69
Size:  701 Bytes

5. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

clark5113 (02-21-2017), lennysmom (02-20-2017), Shewhosweptforest (02-20-2017)

Oh no.....I'm sooo sorry I know you must be in shock and disbelief sometimes we have no idea what happened...you must hold on to the fact that Scooter/Rabbit was loved...and loved well there is never "enough" time...they truly are magic lil emissaries...they reconnect us with the world....the real world...not the artificial world so many live in today I hope you can find comfort knowing he lived longer than he ever would have in the wild..and that he experienced love, safety, and nurturing he would never have without you
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

7. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Shewhosweptforest:

clark5113 (02-21-2017), KarmaKay (02-20-2017), lennysmom (02-20-2017), Nancy in New York (02-20-2017)

I'm so sorry for your loss
    R.I.P. sweet little boy
    My heart is breaking for you, I just lost my 3 1/2 year old Toby last week.

9. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lukaslolamaus:

clark5113 (02-21-2017), KarmaKay (02-20-2017), lennysmom (02-20-2017), Nancy in New York (02-20-2017)

So sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. I completely agree with the specialness of receiving the love of a squirrel. There's really nothing else like it. I truly believe you'll see him in heaven!

11. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to KarmaKay:

clark5113 (02-21-2017), lennysmom (02-20-2017), Nancy in New York (02-20-2017)

Oh Clark, just read through some of your story with Scooter and I am so very sorry for your loss. He sounds like he changed your life for the good, just as much as you changed his. Praying you find comfort in knowing what a good life you gave him. Godspeed sweet Scooter.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

clark5113 (02-21-2017), Nancy in New York (02-21-2017)

2/20/2017~
    Quote Originally Posted by clark5113 View Post
    I believe he made me a better man. A rodent made me a better man (the Lord definitely works in mysterious ways).
    And my first words to you were....
    8/15/2013~
    Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Obviously Creator saw something in you that you never allowed yourself...
    I'm so very sorry Clark, it really saddens me to read of Scooter's passing....
    I do believe Creator gifted you for a reason, I believe Scooter was the messenger.
    While you may wonder why his young life had to be released to heaven, you must
    also trust that some are sent among us only briefly because Creator knows some
    have spirits meant to fly. I hope you will continue to embrace the awakening of
    your soul with all that Scooter left behind.

~ Fly high with the Angels sweet Scooter and rest in the arms of Creator ~
    Last edited by stepnstone; 02-21-2017 at 12:58 AM.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

15. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

clark5113 (02-21-2017), lennysmom (02-21-2017), Mel1959 (02-21-2017), Nancy in New York (02-21-2017)

Gods Speed Scooter Rabbit.

The thought "I believe he made me a better man. A rodent made me a better man (the Lord definitely works in mysterious ways)." is what I have experienced too. A little squirrel opened my heart and showed me how incredibly special all wild animals are. Squirrel magic! Sounds goofy but it is potent!

Although Scooter passed too soon, take comfort in the knowledge that he passed peacefully in his sleep. Many squirrels have to endure far more before passing over. Nobody really knows what happens after we leave this life but if there is something afterwords then it only makes sense that all life be included. Certainly, there would be a place for a creature as noble as a squirrel.

See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

17. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

clark5113 (02-21-2017), lennysmom (02-21-2017), Mel1959 (02-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    Gods Speed Scooter Rabbit.

The thought "I believe he made me a better man. A rodent made me a better man (the Lord definitely works in mysterious ways)." is what I have experienced too. A little squirrel opened my heart and showed me how incredibly special all wild animals are. Squirrel magic! Sounds goofy but it is potent!

Although Scooter passed too soon, take comfort in the knowledge that he passed peacefully in his sleep. Many squirrels have to endure far more before passing over. Nobody really knows what happens after we leave this life but if there is something afterwords then it only makes sense that all life be included. Certainly, there would be a place for a creature as noble as a squirrel.

I remember you from when I first got Scooter, Thanks for sharing. "Squirrel magic" may sound goofy and if you had used that term around me before Scooter, I would have scoffed (on the inside) and thought you an idiot. Now however I KNOW it is extremely accurate. Noble is also a perfect word. There is no animal as noble as a squirrel.

19. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to clark5113:

island rehabber (02-21-2017), lennysmom (02-21-2017), Mel1959 (02-21-2017), Nancy in New York (02-21-2017)

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Baxied from:

clark5113 (02-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lukaslolamaus View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss
    R.I.P. sweet little boy
    My heart is breaking for you, I just lost my 3 1/2 year old Toby last week.
    I am sorry to hear that and I know how you feel. The folks on this board have made me feel better about it by focusing on the positive aspects that, at the time, were hard to see. I get it now. It is all part of the Creator's plan and it is absolutely amazing. I would never have guessed. Thank you for your sentiments

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to clark5113 from:

lennysmom (02-21-2017)

We are never the same after being touched by squirrel magic. Scooter Rabbit was very lucky to have chosen you to be the one he touched. I am very sorry for your loss.

25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

clark5113 (02-22-2017)

Thank you for your kind message Bob. Experienced yes, wise is debatable...
    Truth be known my understanding came from your initial post, some souls just
    understand each other.
    to you as well..
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

clark5113 (02-23-2017)

Final communique:

A sincere thank you to everyone from myself and Scoot Rabbit. You folks made it possible for 4 years of life changing squirrel magic. A special thanks to Russell (we have already said our goodbyes) for putting up with my incessant questions. I won't ever be on here again so no replies please. Never, that is, unless I happen to come across another squirrel to rescue...................

29. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to clark5113:

lennysmom (02-23-2017), Nancy in New York (02-23-2017), RockySweetums (02-23-2017), TubeDriver (02-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by clark5113 View Post
    Final communique:

A sincere thank you to everyone from myself and Scoot Rabbit. You folks made it possible for 4 years of life changing squirrel magic. A special thanks to Russell (we have already said our goodbyes) for putting up with my incessant questions. I won't ever be on here again so no replies please. Never, that is, unless I happen to come across another squirrel to rescue...................
    Well damn! I don't understand, we're still here....
    Name:  animals-skunk-smell-stink-stinking-potent-gca0142_low.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  15.8 KBName:  body-odor.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  8.7 KB
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234