Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: FOX VALLEY & PINKIES: Discussion Thread

Default Re: FOX VALLEY & PINKIES: Discussion Thread

I would mix your FV and Esbilac ....just for the first few feedings 75/25 for several feedings then 50/50 for several more then maybe to straight Esbilac with probiotics or try another feeding at 25/75 ....you should be able to transition in a day...day and a half, depending on how many times you're feeding a day.....I don't think it's recommended to jump from one to the other unless you're having severe issues with the FV....I just reread your other thread....and since she's not doing too bad now on FV ...I don't see why you couldn't do the gradual switch over....you could even continue to use the diluted FV during the switch...I was taking care of a pinkie this week who was trying to bloat...I had her on 50/50 GM and Esbilac. I finally diluted her Esbilac....she's doing fine now I don't know if that's what helped.

Good luck...you're doing great! Lots of people (me included) still use FV ...but only for older babies ....not for pinkies your baby is heading into that older category so she may be fine with the FV now....or perhaps a 50/50 FV/Esbilac. I know there is so much info out there....let your baby tell you what she needs...judge by her responses
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

Thanks everyone, Just got home with Esbilac and read up here, have to go mix the milk, and feed her, it's time. I will not start her on the esbilac until her NEXT feeding to give it time to set.

I'm trying esbilac with probiotics on a group of 2 week olds. They're gaining weight and pooping well. I'm concerned that they need some additional fat as we used to add FV ultraboost to the 32/40. So I thought I'd try heavy cream...but not sure of proportions. Anyone familiar with the mixing process care to share?
    MsOakley

MsO, Wednesday I started 'Berto on 3/4 Esbilac with Probiotics plus 1/4 FV Ultra Boost and it's working beautifully. He is finally gaining, not flat & skinny every morning, and he is finally pooping regularly too. Best of both worlds.

I did not have good luck with the heavy cream last season -- after 2 days it was spoiled in my fridge and I was throwing out more than I was feeding to the babies. JMHO.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Ms Oakley- add 1/3 volume of whipping cream to the mixed formula. I buy the "Land"O Lakes" brand since it is pure with no additives and because I think it lasts longer (Psssst,IR). Then too I only buy a pint at a time and pour it out into a glass syrup jar where I can keep an eye on it.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

I use a 1/4 ratio . 4 parts formula one part HC.
    I use it in my coffee every day so it never has a chance to go bad. It will freeze too.. kinda slimy from the fat but...

I only know that cause I used to make Cream Icecubes cause I can not take my coffee hot.

Thanks ladies, this gives me a starting point. IR, I've been nervous to use the ultraboost on 2 week olds. Whatcha think?
    MsOakley

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718