Thread: Making an E Collar

Threaded View

Default Making an E Collar

Jackie had posted this in another thread.
    I couldn't just move the one post, but I wanted to acknowledge her for
    providing this graphic on making an e collar.
    Thank You Jackie in Tampa

How to Make a Shot-Glass Style E-Collar

My Gizmo wearing an E-Collar after being neutered
    Deep Appreciation is given to Jen Bailey (GC's Xfilefan) for these illustrated directions
    Step 1: Trace template onto clear plastic notebook cover, then cut out.

Step 2: 1 sheet Dr. Scholl's Molefoam: cut 2 strips ¼” along long edge.

Step 3: Remove one adhesive strip and stick one on top of another leaving one adhesive strip for later.

Step 4: Cut ¾” off of dual layer molefoam- remove backing and adhere to clear plastic as shown.

Step 5: 1 sheet Dr. Scholl's Moleskin- cut a strip 1-3/8” wide down length

Step 6: Cut slits ½” deep at ½ “ intervals down length

Step 7: Turn collar over, molefoam side down. Remove backing from moleskin. Affix uncut edge to collar- about ¼” of it

Step 8: From the middle of moleskin- wrap around over molefoam, maintaining contours. Trim excess moleskin from edge.

Step 9: Cut 1/2” strip from moleskin

Step 10: Remove backing and adhere over slitted mole skin.

Step 11: Cut 1 strip 1-3/4” long X 5/8” wide

Step 12: Remove backing and place on edge of collar

Step 13: Wrap around edge of collar

Step 14: Apply a small amount of duct tape, Fold a small amount of duct tape over to make a tab for easy removal.

These photos show the finished e-collar...

Shot Glass-Style Template

E-Collar Template
    Courtesy of Dawn & Bourbon from the Self-Mutilator Site

This template is for a shot-glass style E-Collar
    For a true-to-size print out of this template, along with complete instructions on making an e-collar, please Click Here!

Putting E-Collar On

How to Put an E-Collar on Your Glider
    Step 1: Cut a strip of duct tape about 1.5" wide, then fold 1/4" over and stick to itself, making a tab for easy removal. Set this piece aside (I stick just a bit of it to the edge of my kitchen counter). Then, cut another strip of duct tape about 1" wide, then fold 1/4" over and stick to itself. Set this piece aside also.

Step 2: Place 1.5" wide strip of duct tape along edge of E-Collar, as shown, keeping folded over tab exposed at unattached end.

Step 3: Having an assistant hold glider securely, wrap E-Collar around glider's neck, overlapping edges of collar, then stick the duct tape to the overlapped edge, rubbing down along duct tape to ensure secure attachment of tape.

Step 4: Attach 1" strip of duct tape to inside of collar about half-way down length, as shown, keeping folded over tab exposed at unattached end.

Step 5: Fold duct tape over and attach to outside of e-collar, rubbing down along duct tape to ensure secure attachment of tape.

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

awolf (04-15-2017), cava (04-15-2017), Diggie's Friend (02-27-2018)