ROFL - could not resist the saucy headline.

But NEWS FLASH! a squirrel's diet may affect their sexual development. Of course it would. But it shows thre may be yet another gap in the grocer diet.

A month or two, I wrote because Mokus, who was born around September 1st, had no sign of maturity - no darkened fur, and his testicle had not dropped. Well, last week, we switched from store bought to all wild food ( other than the HHB). And guess what happened? He developed overnight.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone else have an under developed mae they'd like to try this on?

If I had to guess, I'd say it was the maple pods, which he ( like all our wilds) devour. He's eaten his weight in them by now.

This in fact, may account for the super virility of the legendary Blind Bob, who fathered the entire neighborhood ( during his 11 year reign, all our squirrels had the same big Bambi eyes his sisters had), while fending off all the young male would-be's.

Has anyone else here gone wild? Please do - it's SOOOO much easier, and my squirrel is much more enthusiastic about his meals. Plus, we no longer use dishes - we just spread it out on the floor of his cage (put down newspaper, and each day you just roll it up and toss it)

It's put quite a spring in Moku's step - and helps prepare him for life in the wild.