Thread: VERY LONG BOTTOM TEETH

Default VERY LONG BOTTOM TEETH

Hi guys,
    My flyer Jax bottom teeth have grown longer once again but the Vet I have been going to is charging me $900 to clip his teeth and do dental work on them. He gave me advice to cut them myself if it came to that, but I wanted a second opinion. I also have never clipped his teeth before, so I wanted to know if someone can walk me through it? Please write me ASAP. Thank you guys!

Default Re: VERY LONG BOTTOM TEETH

Reach out to Jackie in Tampa, she clips her squirrels teeth all the time.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

had the same exact thing happen, a wee difference.. once the owner of the clinic I was using back then found out I was only paying $18, he freaked and upped the cost to 78... so the vet sent her tech to my house and taught me... being a ninny, it took me several months ...
    but I had never even heard of such a thing at the time, nor did I even know another human with a sq...who knew I would end up with a sq on each shoulder...
    can you post a pic?
    it may help to have him bite a pencil or Qtip stick so I can see uppers and lowers... try to take a pic with him under a lamp
    it's not impossible to do yourself, but it is scarey... even after doing it every three weeks for ten years. bok bok

Oh my gosh! I am so happy I am not the only one! I thought there was something wrong with him. He does have a ton of dental problems. He pushed his upper tooth into the gum and it stopped growing, but it is also pushed up against his nostril. The Vet told me to have him chew on plenty of hard things to see if he can push it back out. It has been a year since and still nothing. On of the uppers are fine, its just that one. The bottom teeth are the problem. I cant get a great picture because he keeps fidgeting. I do know that they are long enough that he cannot close his mouth and his tongue sits between the bottom teeth. I have heard stories about the bottom teeth puncturing the roof of a squirrels mouth and I have been cautious ever since. Like I said I am unable to pay $900 for each visit, so this is PLAN B!

OMG. I dont think ANYONE could afford $900 every time. Crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxisacutie1
    Like I said I am unable to pay $900 for each visit, so this is PLAN B!
    Is that cost for trimming and all the dental repairs to straigten the bad teeth?

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

love to see a pic...
    we can give you links to videos and also a place to buy decent clippers...
    There are alot of threads about clipping...the pros and the cons... it is easy, but needs focus... there are serious dangers associated... and I am not talking a cut tongue...
    please come back on and let us share info with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa View Post
    love to see a pic...
    we can give you links to videos and also a place to buy decent clippers...
    There are alot of threads about clipping...the pros and the cons... it is easy, but needs focus... there are serious dangers associated... and I am not talking a cut tongue...
    please come back on and let us share info with you!
    I dont have a picture on hand right now but do you mind showing me where I can find helpful videos and websites?